cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Player error

Since yesterday  getting sorry problem with player when I try to access now tv on lg smart TV.  Tried deleting app and reinstalling. Tried software update. Connected to chat and they said they were having problems with customers with LG tv at the moment. Anyone know when this will be resolved. 

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My LG tv won’t let me watch any programmes on my now tv what should I do it keeps coming up error 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have not had a solution yet.

I have gone on Now TV chat several times and they tellm they will get back tom within 72 hours. Still waiting on a email.

I can still.get it onm smaller Samsung upstairs but wanted it sorted so I can watch on my big living room TV.

Hope they get in touch soon.

Funnily enough I get sorry error on player but of I select sky news it will play but will not play entertainment or cinema channels.

I have tried everything that has been suggested in previous forums. Waiting patiently.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User Are your tvs running On LG NetCast? If you’re not certain, check an “about” option in the tvs settings. Now TV are withdrawing support for these tvs on 24 Aug., and it’s possible that LG have pushed an update that has made the NowTV app fail, and with the impending withdrawal of the app for NetCast TVs, it won’t be fixed. 

Now TV have been offering, at their discretion, free or reduced price smart sticks to those with LG NetCast TVs, but It’s up to you to contact customer support and see if they’ll help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Can't find @netcast on my settings. Under which setting should I look General Network or something else I have been thro them all and can't find it.
As you say a now TV stick would possibly cure the problem although it's messy with another remote. It was fine for me switching from prime video to now on the apps on my tv.
Why do the take so long replying with a solution.
I have only had now for a little over a month I wish I had stuck with sky from talk talk but they said Now TV would be cheaper and a better solution for me.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI All

I to have an LG tv which I purchased back end of last year it is a web operating system I too cannot now receive now tv I could not get in touch with customer services kept going round in circles I have NOW CANCELED my subscriptions unfortunately my cinema pass is paid for up until March 2021 so paying for something that I cannot use.

I purchased this as I had retired through ill health and now cannot use.

I see no point in buying a nowtv stick that may or may not work on a LG tv

Yours Aye

one disgruntled customer.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User and others

NowTV on LG NetCast (pre-2015) TVs is intended to cease on 24th August.

NowTV on LG WebOS (2015-) TVs is not intended to cease but has done, due to an update either by LG or NowTV (I’m not clear which). I am sure both parties are co-operating in a scramble to bring it back, and it will not be away long.

Unlike the apps, which are platform-specific as regards TV make and model, NowTV Sticks require only that the device they are connected to can display the signal present on the HDMI input used. Which every TV ever built which has an HDMI input can do.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User There should be an “about”, “info”, “System information” or “device information” option somewhere under settings. I don’t have an LG tv, so I can’t point you any closer than that. Perhaps someone with an LG tv could chime in here and tell you exactly where to look.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for your information it’s very much appreciated