cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Passes not loading up

I have passes for sports and cinema and neither of them will load up, just keeps saying there is an error. 

I have gone into entertainment and it’s prompting me to get a pass. 

it seems everything is working other than the channels I have passes for. 

Any help would be gratefully received. 

16 REPLIES 16
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What playback device are you using ?

Does the same error message happen on different playback devices if you own more than one device ?

Have you tried signing out of the NowTV App, then reboot both your Router and playback device, then log back in again on your device.

If the same error is appearing across multiple playback devices, then i would be tempted to power down your Router for 30 minutes.

Should you be using a VPN, then try disabling it to see if that removes the error message.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

It won’t load up in the tv. It’s an LG tv so it’s built in. I can access it on the box and the stick in other rooms and in my phone. 

I have turned it all off and reset the router and the “sorry there was an error in the player” keeps coming up. 

it’s only doing it on the tv with the 2 passes I have purchased. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Reading on the Forum and over on Twitter it looks like a recent software update has broken the NowTV App on the LG Smart Web OS.

NowTV response over on Twitter is that they are in the process of fixing it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Might be a good idea to report this to NowTV Live Chat to add your name to the many LG Smart Web OS users who can't use the NowTV App on their LG television since a recent update broke it.

Use this link below to reach live chat (click on the small blue arrow underneath How to Get in Touch to reveal the green live chat button).

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/technical-device-issues/problems-watching-now-tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

thanks for all your help. I went on live chat and they have said that they are trying to fix the problem. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You could try a full factory reset on your LG TV if you are seeing a message "Sorry there is an error in the player".

Where there is no guarantee it will resolve it and if it does and the LG updates it's software overnight if might break the NowTV App again.

Also a factory reset is a pain in the backside, where you will need to scan for TV channels again, sign into all your Apps, adjust the picture & sound back to your preferred liking etc.

If it was me, i would temporarily use your other devices and see if NowTV / LG can fix this broken App ASAP.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I submitted feedback but the chat is not working and there is no email available, so I'm not sure it will be followed up. I haven't been able to access shows with my entertainment pass for the past month despite reinstalling the apps on my LG Smart TV and Tablet. It's working on  my smartphone but I am travelling and will be returning back to quarantine, so would appreciate if it can be rectified asap, please.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't factory reset your TV when the NOWTV app is at fault.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I also have LG TV and the app is not working, I chatted online with an agent and was advised there is an issue with the app on LG TVs, I was also told to purchase a smart stick for £24.99

Not a satisfactory solution as the app is free......not a happy customer