cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Parental Controls - ability to lock apps

I know I can block programmes by age but would like to be able to lock apps. I uninstalled You Tube on my Now TV box but my children keep reinstalling it. It would be great to be able to pin lock apps as well as restrict films/shows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

That feature isn't currently available on NOW TV boxes/stick, but it has been suggested before. It would be helpful if you could vote for and/or comment on the idea here to encourage NOW TV to take it up

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/Channel-Store-PIN-request-for-NOW-TV-boxes/idi-p/398789

If that particular feature is important to you, you could look at getting a Roku device instead (eg Roku Express or Roku Streaming Stick+ which are like a NOW TV box but have more apps and features) as they do have the ability to add a PIN to prevent apps being installed. 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Have 2 actually 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User. Of course you do. That's why you have the empathy of a sprout. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  whatever

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User. Quality reply from a quality intellect. Thanks Gary, lovely talking with you. Best wishes to the kids and good luck with your contrarian trolling career. I hope it brings you all the happiness you deserve.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  Whatever.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting tired of repeatedly removing youtube only for my 6 year old to put it back on. My only option seems to unplug and bin the now tv stick.  

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, and buy a Roku stick, which will still give you NowTV, plus the ability to lock out the ability to download apps.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

please NowTV improve parental controls so we can have options on locking unlocking apps!

Youtube situation is getting out of control and there is no way you can police your kids 24/7.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well, it doesn’t look like implementing this is a priority for NowTV.

But as in the Solution above, you can replace your NowTV Sticks(s) with Roku Sticks, which allow such locking, right now.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.