cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Paramount +

Sky and Now TV are supposed to get Paramount + in June. How will NOW customers access it and is there a cost? I understand Sky customers are getting it free as part of the Sky Cinema package.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you have a NOW device it will be an app for you to log in to. We won't get it free, it's either £6.99 a month or £69.90 a year. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
superglo2012
Scholar 3

It will be available without Now tv on Roku or a smart tv when it is launched also available on Amazon Prime

superglo2012
Scholar 3

You will end up paying more if you stay with Now

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@superglo2012 

It depends on the content. The content I’m interested in is going to be across all the main streaming services, so effectively they have me tied in for life 😂

redchiz1
Champion 2

@superglo2012 Paramount+ is a separate service. But I suspect you know that and are just cheerfully trolling away judging by your other posts. 

superglo2012
Scholar 3

Now tv is getting too expensive for a streaming service with adverts,  and most of the programs that are on Now, are either on Disney+ or Paramount + or Amazon

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@superglo2012 

That's because Paramount and Disney are pulling the content they own onto their own services. 

Even when HBO Max launches all the WarnerMedia and HBO content will leave. 

Technically speaking Sky content will be originals and NBC/Universal.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It does say on the actual sky site that Now cinema subscribers will also get the paramount movies however I’ve yet to see it added to now. If anyone can shed some light on this that would be great. The article was posted on Wednesday 22 June 2022

“This app will not be available on NOW, but as part of Sky Cinema’s continued relationship with Paramount, NOW Cinema members will be able to stream brand new Paramount blockbusters through Sky Cinema and enjoy a library of Paramount’s films on demand at no additional cost”

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/sky-cinema-now-includes-paramount-at-no-extra-cost

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It's referring to films like Top Gun, which outside the UK is on Paramount+. The films will be within the Sky cinema channels and not branded as Paramount but Sky Cinema. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Though Top Gun and other films will be going by to be on paramount plus soon as agreements end beyond any doubt. Will be very similar to Disney/Fox and Sky will get a small handful of paramount movies to keep on there service. 

If you have Sky Cinema via Now I really do struggle to see the value at all anymore. 

Martin_14
Expert

Paramount movies will be on both Paramount+ and Sky Cinema I believe, Scream for instance , the rights are being shared.

Scream is on Paramount+ from 25th July