cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

One Device Unless You Pay £5 for Boost?!?

OMG. What on earth are you doing Now TV?!? As if paying £40-£50 a month isn’t enough you now restrict to one device at a time for watching content but if you want to watch on up to 3 at the same time that’s now an extra £5 (was £3 or £1 on offer!).

It’s so frustrating for long term customers. 

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Unless you can get some decent discounts I completely agree with you that it’s bonkers. 

Thankfully I don’t watch sports and have Boost, movies and entertainment for £9 a month for the next 6 months

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Worst thing is they haven’t contacted me about this contractual change in writing….

Secondly and as always there’s no offers for me at this time….

if you’re a household who watch Sports on one tv and a movie on the other you e now got to choose who gets what and deals with the fallout unless you pay another £60 a year. As my 6 year old would say. That’s disgusting.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The only contract you have with NOW for TV memberships is unless your billing is with BT, otherwise there is no contract nothing to tie you down to NOW. You are allowed to come and go as you please. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

But if you have active “passes” they are then providing a service for a contracted amount of time. If they are majorly changing the terms then we should know in writing. I can currently watch my monthly subscription to Sky Sports on two devices. Have been able to do this since day one. Now it’s being restricted to one device only. That’s a huge change. Unless you pay another £5 per

month for three devices. Scandalous. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That being said I received an email about the changes on the 8th June. 

It doesn’t effect me however as I already have boost membership. 

starman73
Elite

if you’re a household who watch Sports on one tv and a movie on the other you now got to choose who gets what

@Anonymous User 

Get two separate accounts.  One for Cinema and one for Sports. That way you can have two streams and not pay extra.

I have 4 separate accounts. Currently using one for sports mobile [on mobile]. one for sports [on now tv sticks], one for cinema/entertainment [on fire sticks].  Works pretty well.  Will probably split the cinema/entertainment to get an extra stream from 15 July. If I get a cinema offer.