Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Old Hi-Fi System

@caseyb1993 @Andy @GraphiteGB @mark_suff  @commanda6

Hi Guys 

I was bouncing around YouTube when I came across this video, it shows the Thorens turntable and SME tone arm I used to use back in the day.  Before marriage and children, I used to be (well) into Hi-Fi (high fidelity) systems and the Thorens turntable combo used to be the head/start of my system.

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with NowTV etc. but I'm sure there are a few older fans out there that still remember the days when Hi-Fi was king.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaMn20oJ4Bc

UK Bob

Pink Floyd - Time from the "Dark Side of the Moon" 180 Gram LP Thorens TD 160 Super / Audio Technica AT440MLa / Shure SME 3009 Series 2 Improved tone arm / Pioneer VSX-9500s (Pre-Amp) / White Oaked Phase Linear (WOPL) 1000 Power Amp (530 watts per channel into 8 Ohms), 108.7 Volts on the Main ...
310 REPLIES 310
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Tony-D @Anonymous User

Hi Casey

Grunge????

Sorry young lady, I've heard the term but not the music. 

Guess I'll bounce over to YouTube and check out "Alice In Chains" when I get some extra time.

UK (Feel the Bass) Bob           

PS.  Doing "Old School" at the moment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboyNever a 'dumb idea', just moments of genius thinking Smiley LOL

@caseyb1993I'll listen to pretty much anything although Ska is my big thing, I was brought up with it in the late70s/early 80s, Madness being my idols in my early teens.

I've spent the past hour on Spotify listening to Alice In Chains and I'm warming to their music. Never be shy in enlightening us on your favourites guys Smiley Happy

Of the more recent acts I'd say The Script would have to be my faves. I got my daughter into Madness, she got me into The Script Smiley Happy and we have met them twice now before gigs in the past year or so. Genuine lads.

PS @caseyb1993 Alice In Chains' sound would be ideal for vinyl Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you guys fancy listening to something a wee bit different, and at times very daft, check out Man Like Me. I saw them supporting Madness a few years back and fell in love with them live. My daughter thought I was mad Smiley LOL

Their 2009 self titled album is a bit wacky and was the bulk of their live stuff from that night in Dublin Smiley LOL

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Make sure to check out the song "Black gives way to blue". It 's a tribute to a late band member. The message is quite deep though but it is still a great song. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had a listen @caseyb1993

It is a great song. I sometimes find songs like that difficult to listen to since I lost my brother but then again there are times when they can be a great help.

Tonight I'm listening to Rag N Bone Man as that's my next concert and I'm not as clued up on him as my daughter is Smiley LOL

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @caseyb1993

Hi Robert

Yeah guy, Rag 'n Bone Man hit the spot, especially the song and video "Human".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wKzyIN1yk

Gonna check out his album.

UK Bob

"Skin" sounds great as well.

Official music video for Rag'n'Bone Man's 'Human' Track: Human - Rag'n'Bone Man: https://bit.ly/RnBMHuman ---------------------- Latest Album 'Life By Misadventure', which includes hit tracks All You Ever Wanted, Anywhere Away From Here (with P!nk), Alone and Crossfire: https://bit.ly/RnBM-LBM ...
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @caseyb1993

Yes People

I've checked out the album "Human - Delux Edition" and I'm gonna get it as soon as Amazon UK's web-site will let me.

Human (Deluxe).jpg

It's a cool 19 track album, slightly outside my comfort zone and certainly not the usual stuff I go for but, as I said before, it hits the spot.

Later Peeps

UK (New Boy) Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @caseyb1993 @Tony-D

It's later Peeps

And I just got it, at 1.40am, Amazon just popped up in my email indicating the digital album was now ready.

Cool.

Now to watch some Now TV, i.e. For the People and Stitchers.

UK (Upside Down) Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @Anonymous User

Rag N Bone Man is a legend. His voice is so powerful. 🙂

The song "skin" is definitely his best. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy  @caseyb1993

Not my usual stuff either guys but his voice is so powerful and draws you in. I'm quite looking forward to the show now, should be a good night Smiley Happy

Didn't get time for any tv last night/this morning as I got immersed in Rag N Bone Man Smiley LOL

@caseyb1993I think the word 'legend' gets bandied about far too easily nowadays. I appreciate what you are saying, and fully understand why you'd say it, but for me a 'legend' is someone who has been around the block a few times and has longevity on their cv Smiley LOL