cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv Sky sports month pass Christmas offer?

Hello Everyone. I have just looked at offers available to me, and there are 2 Sky sports passes on offer a week pass with 30% off and a month pass with 50% off (£9.99 and £16.99 respectively). That I get, but when you look at the details underneath the month pass it says “£16.99 Sky Sports Month Pass offer: Offer ends 31/12/2019 at 23:59. 18+. UK only. Offer not available to existing customers already with a Sky Sports pass subscription. Pass auto renews at standard price after 12 months unless cancelled (currently: Sky Cinema £33.99 a month).” 

Now does this mean it is £16.99 a month for 12 months, or is it only £16.99 for the 1 month (see where it says “Pass Auto renews at standard price after 12 months unless cancelled”. 
I am confused. Anyone know what the situation is?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

I endorse what @Anonymous User says.

I go to Passes & vouchers, and open the Sky offers available to me under Check for Offers, tap the downward chevron under the Month offer, and see:-

E42E2228-8436-49A6-9628-BEA164EA5288.png

12 months, not one; says Sky Cinema, not Sky Sports, etc.

Needs work 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The £9.98 deal is for a one day full blown sports pass only with the added bonus of a free 4 months sports mobile pass to watch on a smartphone only, where with the mobile pass you are restricted to five sports channels which are Premier League, Action, Arena, Racing & News instead of the normal eleven Sky Sports channels using a full blown sports pass.

The £14.98 deal is for a full blown one week sports pass with the same free 4 month sports mobile pass detailed above.

The £16.99 is a one month full blown sports pass that only lasts one month and does not cover any further months.

The £20 per month full blown sports pass is for two consecutive months which will cost £20 each month which works out has a £40 payment across the two months.

The sports deals on their website ends on the 31st of December, so you need to purchase the offer that you interested in before close of the 31st of this month.

Here's the link for the various above sports pass offer deals taken from the nowtv website.

https://www.nowtv.com/offers 

Also here's a help article explaining the different sports passes that nowtv offer on their streaming service.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-week-month-pass 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok schnapps,  thanks, I knew that the offer ended the end of December, but the way it reads is that it does not auto renew at the standard price (of £33.99) for 12 months, unless cancelled. If the offer was just that price for 1 month, it should  say that the pass auto renews after 1 month to the standard price after that month, or 1 month. This I find misleading, buy Now TV. It says it exactly as I put in my first message (copied and pasted). The offers I mentioned I did not find in the general area of the website, they were at the top of the page on my “my passes and vouchers” page I have just finished the F1 season ticket earlier this month.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looking at the attached photo you have posted the email offer that you was sent has a few typo errors including the pass auto renews after 12 months and it also says the Sky Cinema pass at £33.99 which is totally wrong.

I haven't seen or received this email myself and looking at the link that i posted on my first reply (where reading the information on the T&C's under the NowTV Christmas offers webpage is more accurate & correct).

@Jason-C of the NowTV Team you need to look at this email offer you are sending out where there are a few obvious typing mistakes and need to be rectified to avoid confusion . 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello schnapps, this was not an offer I received via email, it is at the top of my “passes and vouchers” page right above the passes I have active and passes I have to still apply. This was not sent to me, but you have to agree that the way it reads is that it is £16.99 a month and will only revert back to the standard price after 12 months, correct?. This is definitely the way it reads, and would have to be corrected, as if I am not the only one who has had this, anyone who has taken it out on that understanding would have right on their side. The box on that page states “claim your offer which is down as £16.99 a month for 12 months.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry about that for some reason i thought it was an email offer you was sent.

Because i am on an existing sports pass offer for six months i didn't get this Christmas offer at the top of My Account > Passes & Vouchers section of my account.

Yes totally agree with you that NowTV needs to correct their mistakes, though i doubt anything will be done because we are now in the Christmas festive period and the deal offer closes on the 31st of December (might be wrong and NowTV are on the case whilst we speak after reading your posts in this thread).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just been onto live chat, twice, and on both occasions had the connection lost (coincidence I don’t think), the last time they wanted me to send a screen grab (was going to email me, don’t know how they are going to do that, and surprise surprise, no email). I think the whole Sky sports thing with now tv is pants anyway. I took out the F1 season pass, specifically for the F1 racing, and they show the first few races on Sky One, which I already had on entertainment pack, so basically paying twice, and also no red button for the EFL midweek games, which when you work it out at £33.99 a month, is no dearer than if you have full on Sky tv, and you only get half the features. Still, jokes on them as they don’t have any Premiership matches on Boxing Day  for their customers (only EFL) Amazon have the rights for the Prem games that day.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

I endorse what @Anonymous User says.

I go to Passes & vouchers, and open the Sky offers available to me under Check for Offers, tap the downward chevron under the Month offer, and see:-

E42E2228-8436-49A6-9628-BEA164EA5288.png

12 months, not one; says Sky Cinema, not Sky Sports, etc.

Needs work 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB , I’m right, on a technicality, they, I feel would have to honour it. I have been onto live chat with them twice now (both times lost connection). The second time I was going to send them a screen grab via email, that they were going to send me (surprise, no email). The way I see it, what is written can only mean 1 of 2 things. 1/ it is £16.99 a month and will only revert back to £33.99 in 12 months time (renewing at £16.99 a month for that duration) or 2/ it is £16.99 for one month, then the next month it won’t auto renew and so on for 12 months (not renewing) but then if you haven’t cancelled it, this time next year it will then kick in the auto renew at £33.99. Number 2 sounds unlikely as I don’t think they would not auto renew unless you have specifically cancelled it (and even then, they don’t always cancel it).

Actually, if my finances were better at the moment I would click on the claim offer and fight tooth and nail over it, as I know I would have right on my side.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB , I got the email from them, and sent the screen grab, let’s see what they have to say, and how many more of our fellow Now TV’ers express the same feelings on here, before the day is out.