cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv

Hello Help  Forum,

I am considering purchasing a NOW TV "Black Box".

Will this device enable viewing of BBC 1 News, ITV News, Channel Four News, and stations such as SKY 503 continual news channell?

I'm yet to get my head around the fact that with a one off payment of around twenty five pounds I will be able to visit so many station, record and wind back, pause with simply a one off payment. I've been paying TalkTalk and SKY hundreds of pounds over the years and did not know of this device until recently. Thanks. Bulldog Drummond.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User If you wish to stream those channels you mentioned without using a tv aerial. An Amazon Fire Stick may be the best solutuon as you can stream all of those channels using the TV Player app.  However, Amazon Fire Stick/TV doesn't have NOW TV, nor will a sideloaded Andorid NOW TV app work either.

For the best of both worlds, ideally you'd have two streamers, one a NOW TV Box, the other an Android TV streamer or Amazon Fire TV/Stick.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you are mistaken it is not a one off charge. If it is £25 it will include passes. You can watch ITV and BBC via their players. There is also a Sky News app. However the 4OD app doesn't have live TV. For live Freeview you need the smart box which requires an aerial.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User If you wish to stream those channels you mentioned without using a tv aerial. An Amazon Fire Stick may be the best solutuon as you can stream all of those channels using the TV Player app.  However, Amazon Fire Stick/TV doesn't have NOW TV, nor will a sideloaded Andorid NOW TV app work either.

For the best of both worlds, ideally you'd have two streamers, one a NOW TV Box, the other an Android TV streamer or Amazon Fire TV/Stick.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.