cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick stopped working and had to get a new one

My now tv stick stopped working and would not connect to my WIFI so I went and bought a new one and is working perfectly. Will I have to pay for passes I had on my old tv stick as well as my new one because there isn't anywhere I can cancel my old passes and i am using the same log in details as I did with my old one. 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you setup the New Stick when prompted just use your existing NOW account details that you used on your old Stick.

Then any active Memberships on your existing account will be available on your new Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, yeah i have used that but it asked me to get a free trial and then pay on a certain date but on my.old tv stick I had the passes on already and have had them for quite a long time and they would have been still active as my month was not up before being charged again. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also with regards to your old NOW Stick, did you ever try a full factory reset on it by holding in the reset button on the Stick for about 15 seconds when the Stick is powered on to see if you can resolve the WiFi connection problem on it ?

I would also try the old Stick with the supplied power adapter if you have been using power off the USB from the television to see if that also makes any difference with regards to the WiFi connection problem.

If Router is dual band, i would also try both 2.4ghz & 5ghz WiFI frequencies when setting up the old Stick again from a factory reset.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have logged into my new stick with the same details as my old one but none of my passes i had were active and it asked me to start the free trial and then I would have to pay however much after the free trial, I have just had my monthly amount for the passes I had taken out of my bank only a week ago so I still had 3 weeks left but they were not active on my new stick. It's so baffling when having to use a new device. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing you have checked your NOW membership (passes) under My Membership whilst logged in on here ?

I would be also tempted to sign out of the new NOW Stick by going to the My Account section on the new Stick home screen page on your television and once signed out, log back in again with existing account details used on your old Stick.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When your old stick stopped connecting to Wi-fi did you try performing a full factory reset to the stick? 

As this often resolves any Wi-fi connection issues.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help