cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv lip sync is out

Omg my hubby and I are being driven mad by the lip sync on EVERYTHING we are watching. I pay a lot of money for this on top of normal tv and have put up with it for a few days now and it is getting worse. Please fix this immediately or contact me ASAP @nowtv

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was having the same problem and contacted Now TV and asked for Tech help. I got a really nice person who told me to press rest on the stick (while the TV was on and the stick in the port). It ran through the reinitialisation process and Bingo! ALL SORTED! 

RoyB
Legend

@DanDare1 

Because you have posted on Now’s user to user Community.
We have our uses, but we have our limitations too.

However, if you would like our help, please first read this whole Topic from the beginning, and try each of the suggested workarounds that have arisen.

If still no go, please let  us know via what device you are watching Now on each of the televisions, and let us know the make and model of each TV, and if either or both are connected to a soundbar, and if so, the make and model of that. Also if you are using stereo or 5.1 surround sound on each.

If you want to talk only to Now staffers, though, go on their Twitter/X feed, or contact Live Chat, and ask there.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
DanDare1
Mentor

Hi Roy, thanks for your reply.

Well  I've just changed all my settings after a complete reboot.

I have changed all my Audio settings to dolby and make sure its in stereo on all options.

Its now performing excellent.

Obviously I have had this time after time over months.

So.. rebooted, changed audio settings and it has fixed.

Blinkin frustrating though. At least if it happens again, I will do the process again.

But, appreciate the reply Roy.

Only problem now, is the older box that has the aerial input.

This is obviously out of date and won't run Apps anymore for ones like Disney +

Is there any backup from NOW for boxes that are older models?

Jayach
Elite 3

@DanDare1 wrote:

Is there any backup from NOW for boxes that are older models?

No, nor would I expect there to be.

Modern streaming devices, such as Firesticks, Roku and Chromecast  are reasonably cheap, and can often be had on special offers.

NowTV is now just an app company, with no hardware of their own.

RoyB
Legend

Hi @DanDare1 

Glad you got your sync back - hope it holds this time,

The Disney/Now aerial box thing is a bit weird. The box isn’t out of date; it’s still current, as are some older Now boxes that still have their full complement of apps, including Disney+.

It’s just this particular app, Disney+, on this particular box, that doesn’t run any more. (At least, I don’t know of any othe apps on the aerial box that have stopped working over the years - do you?)

Disney+ doesn’t run on the Roku box that the Now aerial box is based on, either, but none of these were sold in the UK. US users of them are affected though.

Now is pretty solicitous to its customers; when Now withdrew support for the old white boxes, users still active on those got a free Now Stick as a replacement, and when they withdrew support for my 2015 Samsung TV a year or so back, they sent me a code to get a free Amazon Firestick so I could still run Now on it.

But it was Disney who pulled their app off the aerial box, not Now, who presumably would have made any changes needed on this box to keep Disney+ running, if that were technically possible, but didn’t get the chance to. So I guess Now didn’t think it was their job to cover for Disney’s action here 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

Out of interest, what is the advantage of the aerial box over a box without an antenna input?

RoyB
Legend

@chilli2 

You can use it :-

with a monitor;

or to get HD channels shown on an HD TV with only an SD TV tuner;

or to need only one remote to control both the aerial box and the TV and never need to change between terrestrial TV and HDMI input on the TV.

1 and 2 I have done myself (though with a different device from a Now aerial box) and 3 I have seen described as useful for someone with failing faculties who needed the simplest possible arrangement if they were going to control what they watched for themself, and not rely on someone else.

There may be other scenarios, but those are three off the top of my head.