cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv lip sync is out

Omg my hubby and I are being driven mad by the lip sync on EVERYTHING we are watching. I pay a lot of money for this on top of normal tv and have put up with it for a few days now and it is getting worse. Please fix this immediately or contact me ASAP @nowtv

26 REPLIES 26
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are not using a 5.1 surround sound system on a Boost Pass, then try go into your NowTV Box or Stick settings and under Audio, see if setting the option to stereo makes any difference.

Should the Audio Lip Sync still be present then you may have to also look and play around with your TV sound and HDMI menu settings.

DanDare1
Mentor

Ive now gone absolutely bonkers.

If I watch now in my living room its great. Its a wired connection with ethernet. Go in the bedroom and thats too on Ethernet, and its diabolical. Gurgling like crazy and lip sinc is out by at least 1 second.

Done the system restart, works for about 3-4 seconds and its back doing the same.

If a change to a Now stick, thats going to be wireless.

My living room box is quite old and it has the aerial socket in it, but it says i can't run certain apps. Disney + just won't run anymore.

Why should I buy new boxes when I have been a Now user for over 6 years.

I have just signed for Now broad band, I got Cinema and the other package.

Surely Now should help with the problem.

Anyway, why doesn't a Now representative or Tech person answer these problems?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When the program is on I found by pressing th * on the remote then altering the volume mode to off. Winner chicken dinner 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This helped thank you!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good tip on * button. I turned volume mode to off Which also worked

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you soooooo much for helping me out.  My TV has been out of sync for the last 2 days and it's been driving me mad!  I'm a single mum with no idea of technology so was amazed when this worked.   You are blooming brilliant as I was on the verge of buying another TV so saved me £100's. Thank you so much.  It's so appreciated 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had same issue so read the feed messages. 
to sort this out press the * button in a programme. A menu will come up with ‘options’, under audio track go to default. Mine was on levelling and caused the lip sync issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this issue the following worked for me.

Press the * button on the remote it will show Volume mode set that to “off” mine was set at levelling before for some reason and the lip sync was so off. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great, thanks for that, works a treat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The * and change the ‘volume levelling’ to off works