cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv keeps defaulting to the home screen

I have a roku stick. Everything else works but when I click on now tv the logo comes up, the screen goes black and it goes back to the home screen without opening.

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is doing exactly the same thing. It worked perfectly on Friday, but not yesterday and still not today. I've unplugged the Roku stick and the wireless router, but no joy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So frustrating!! And no help available from now tv either.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Which version of the Roku Stick do you have (is it the older purple stick or a new model?).

My Roku Stick Plus (more powerful model) had no problems with the NOW rebrand update.

Though a lot of other Roku owners (especially the Roku Express and older Roku boxes seemed to be having trouble).

NOW did have a red service banner up on their Help Centre under the Community Forum saying some customers had problems opening up the NOW new look App on certain Roku Players. 

Since then NOW have removed the service status banner and a couple of Roku owners have since said the NOW App has been fixed.

Others are still saying their Roku devices are still broken with regards to the NOW App.

Over on NOW Twitter they are still saying they are working on a patch fix and customers effected need to get in touch with NOW live chat.

Also have you gone in the Stick Settings under System > System Updates and tried attempting to force a software update (maybe try two or three update attempts over a period of an hour).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi and thanks for replying. I have the old purple stick. I've tried every suggestion I could find on these forums... I've restarted the roku, updated the software, done that thing on the remote where you press home 5 times, then fast forward twice and rewind twice... I've searched for individual programmes, watched it on the app (which works fine) and NOTHING helps! I'm going mad... it was fine on Thursday but hasn't worked since. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I haven't used a purple Roku Stick in a few years (got one somewhere left stored in a cupboard). 

When the Roku Stick was working on Thursday was it the old style UI using the Yellow coloured with red NowTV logo App? 

If so since the NOW rebrand App update this week my gut feeling is that the older less powerful Roku devices are struggling to load up and run the new NOW App.

You will need to get in touch with NOW using any of these communication methods for further assistance & help .

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, Wendy,

Yes, I do have the older stick. I have tried updating, and it says I'm updated.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here - older Roku stick, app and system up-to-date, app keeps returning to homescreen. This is my main now TV device, so just can't use subscription 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"cut off" from online chat when we got.knto subject of refunds...

ettyg
Mentor

Just been to 'live chat'  and got no further that the autobot that passes for a human nowadays.  I'm a bit envious that you got a human, but good luck getting a refund. I don't think these companies care very much what we think and their suggestions certainly aren't working.