cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv content cannot currently be viewed in this country

Hi, I’m hoping someone can help me, I’ve had nowtv for a long time, haven’t changed any devices, or location, or network and yet, now tv has decided not to play, every time I try to play it on my tv it says “nowtv content cannot currently be viewed in this country”, I’m in the U.K. 

Can anyone advise me on what’s wrong and how I current this issue please, thanks Lewis 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have hot the same problem tonight as well I went on the TV menu tried to watch something and it says the exact thing I spoke to someone on a link I got here, told me to do a factory reset but I still have the same problem won't let me watch movies or entertainment. The guy says he is going to email someone. I hope it gets resolved. If anyone else could shed some light on here that would be great  ive even restarted my router to no avail.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it playing OK on your phone device as mine is just not my now tv box? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, thanks for answer, however since then I’ve found out that for some reason my broadband routers physical address has been changed to America, not U.K. as it should be. Now this will be down to the broadband supplier, I expect because we left the EU, that for some tax reason they are now assigning ip addresses that are non U.K.
In order to solve the issue, you need to contact your broadband supplier, ask them what country your up is set, it can often be where the companies head office is located(rarely U.K.).
You then tell the broadband supplier that you require your up to be a U.K. physical address as it triggers “anti fraud” software on your subscription services. Should they give you static you simply remind them that you actually live in the U.K., and failure to give you a English IP address would make them liable for the costs of any “existing at current time” subscription services, only those that are already in use, it wouldn’t apply to any subsequent subscriptions you take out knowing your ip is or could potentially be an issue.
Hope that helps. Lewis
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have a read of my post on this similar linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/every-time-i-press-play-its-comining-up-streaming-isnt-supported/m-p/555500#M15655

If you open the above link thread, have a read of it and on the bottom of the thread there is another link to another similar thread where I have added a website link that can check your IP address location. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thank you so much, the problem seems to have resolved itself I tried this morning and everything is working fine now, must have been a glitch in the system last night.