cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box

I’ve plugged my tv box in I haven’t used it for a year and it says update software but I can’t get past the connection page , then when I googled how to fix the problem it tells me I have to put in a number that comes on the screen but none does come up 

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Try a factory reset on the NowTV box by holding a pin in the small reset hole on the back of the box for about 30 seconds.

If you are using the nowtv Freeview smart box, there is a small reset button underneath the bottom of the box and hold the button in for about 20 to 30 seconds.

Then you will have to setup the box from scratch again and if possible try moving both the box and Router closer together (temporarily) until hopefully it connects to your home network showing the three ticks on your television screen.

If that doesn't work and you have mobile data, try using your smartphone has a temporary wifi hotspot until the box has gone through it's software update then re connect the box over your home wifi network.

Or perhaps try using an Ethernet cable with your box if it's practically possible in your home setup.