cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box will stop working 6th October?

I've just had a message on my now tv saying the box I have had for years since I joined now tv will not work after 6th October... any idea why? Or what will happen to my subscription payments, will they end if I cant use it?? Thanks  🙂

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My understanding is that the old white boxes are struggling to cope with the latest and future Apps, where it's a bit long in the tooth nowadays being 7 to 8 years old and the electronic hardware is now underpowered and technology moves on in the fast lane.

Get in touch with NowTV live chat to see if they will offer you a free Stick should the old white box be your primary NowTV streaming device.

Here's a link below to find the green chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

If you don't want to continue with your NowTV subscription, then cancel it and if you are on a long term voucher offer then contact live chat for some sort of refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone know if the whole box will stop working or just the now tv apps? I tend to use the box more for other free apps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve had this too!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I’m told the box will stop working, period.

Though no doubt someone who has one will shortly report on this.

If so, it might seem a bit mean, but at least it will keep things clean.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Dup, please ignore.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.