cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box lagging

Hello, 

I'm having trouble with all apps on my now tv box. 
everything seems to be lagging, when the people are talking it doesn't match with th sound of words. If that makes any sense. 
on now TV movies it works perfectly but on all the apps I just end up getting annoyed and not bothering. 
it also makes a shutter sound at the same time as not matching what the person is saying. The whole thing is out of sync. 
can anyone help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are encountering lip sync, then a couple of things you can try.

1. Go into the NOW Box Audio settings and see if setting to Stereo makes any difference (assuming you are not using Boost with a 5.1 sound system).

2. Don't know if this feature is still available on the NOW box, but when watching NOW or Netflix content, press the star button on the remote and play around with the Volume option settings.

3. If your television has in its Audio Settings an option to change the audio lip sync delay time, then see if changing the time delay makes any difference.

4. Sometimes rebooting your Router fixes audio sync problems on Apps.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is this the black box or smart box?

Are you connected via Wi-fi or Ethernet?

Have you tried to unplug the box and also your router for a few minutes? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black box 

WiFi 

tried unplugging both 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you able to connect it via Ethernet? 

Worst case you can set the NOW box back to factory settings as this often squashes bugs on the system.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are encountering lip sync, then a couple of things you can try.

1. Go into the NOW Box Audio settings and see if setting to Stereo makes any difference (assuming you are not using Boost with a 5.1 sound system).

2. Don't know if this feature is still available on the NOW box, but when watching NOW or Netflix content, press the star button on the remote and play around with the Volume option settings.

3. If your television has in its Audio Settings an option to change the audio lip sync delay time, then see if changing the time delay makes any difference.

4. Sometimes rebooting your Router fixes audio sync problems on Apps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, setting to stereo as seemed to work 🥳

Greyhound
Advocate

@Anonymous User how did you access the now box audio settings please?

RoyB
Legend

@Greyhound 

@Greyhound wrote:

@Anonymous User how did you access the now box audio settings please?

‘Anonymous User’ means the poster has left the Community 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Greyhound 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-adjust-audio-settings

Vikki111

We are having the same issues we have had to come out of app do a system reset on the TV stick every few days. But does seem to work. Starting to give up with it though.