cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv are withholding passes I paid for!!

Since when have you had to prove your purchase?????

i bought a now tv box in a B&M store (mainly for the passes) and when I set it up it said we haven’t uploaded your passes you need to contact live chat and they will add them for you. After 40 mins not finding live chat the other day, finally today I got through. The first person I got cut off from after spending 20 mins explaining everything. The second made me re set up the now tv box then demanded I prove that I had purchased the box. I asked why and all they said was I need to prove I bought it. I asked if someone had used the passes and returned the box that I had bought and he said no the passes had never been used. 
I don’t have the receipt so they aren’t giving me my passes???!! Why do they think this is ok??? Nothing on the box says to keep the receipt as you will need to prove your purchase before you can get the passes. This is just an absolute rip off. It’s fraud. I paid for an item and I expect to get it. I’m absolutely furious and intend to let everyone know how bad now tv have become. I’ve already been on several reviews sites to warn everyone that this is happening. I won’t stop until they give me what I paid for!!!

10 REPLIES 10
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User No point ranting here as we're all customers like you. Use the complaints form (click the blue text half way down the page)

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. I’m doing that too. I just want to warn everyone about Now TVs disgraceful antics.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Saint1976 

Hey Guys

You know, I've bought passes in the past where Now TV have asked me for proof of purchase, at first I was upset but came around to their way of thinking because I heard that Now TV has problems with counterfeit passes. 

So now, whenever I buy passes I check with Now TV that they're valid and all have suitably distant expiry date. I also keep my receipts/invoices so that should I be asked for them I can immediately send a copy.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This sounds like something a Now TV representative would say. Do you work for now TV or an affiliated company?

If so please just remove my initial comment. The issue is now eventually resolved (after a lot of hassle)

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Saint1976 

Hi W

I'm not a Now TV worker or representative, I really don't know why you would think that, I did say in my post that I buy passes so that would obviously make me a customer, a long term customer if you will.

And just to make this clear, I am neither anti or pro Now TV and have called them out on some of their "more unfair" policies from time to time. But as you can see, I also understand when they take "reasonable" action to protect themselves.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For me buying a device with pre loaded passes in a shop shouldn’t automatically mean you have to prove you bought the device. It’s like I had to haggle with them to get what I had already paid for. 

You may think that’s ok, but I definitely don’t. I had to spend hours having to sort this out. If they are going to make a common practice of this they should have a big disclaimer on the front of box saying

“keep hold of your receipt as we will automatically presume you have stolen the box if purchased from anywhere other than direct from us”

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I delete this post? Thanks 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Unfortunately W

You can't, I would also like to update or correct some of my posts as well but, after a short time, it's frozen in place and only the moderators can delete posts thereafter.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. It was more to stop getting emails from the thread than anything else. I’ll maybe try and put it as spam to block it. 
Thanks again though 👍🏼