cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv adverts such a rip off!!

I can't believe now tv have put ads on thier on demand service, you actually get less ads on freevee which isn't a subscription service it's free so you expect ads but there's less than now tv has!! 

I know Amazon prime has promo ads before content but at least you can skip them, and there's none during.

This is the sort of thing that's gonna lose a lot of customers, they need to sort themselves out, I'm gonna watch the boxsets I want to and then cancel my entertainment pass its just not worth the money to have ads throughout a show.

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

They haven’t randomly added adverts. Last summer they added adverts, which was discussed and moaned to death over the forum.

You have to take out boost to get rid of third party ads. Even then the promos for Sky content won’t disappear before you watch something.

The cancellation process is your friend here, I’m paying £2 instead of £5 for boost because of it. Boost will also give you 1080p, 5.1 sound and 3 streams at once.

Do we like the ads, no of course not. Although Disney is adding them next year, Netflix are sometime in the future. Discovery+ already include adverts. Newly launched Paramount+ have already talked about bringing adverts at some point.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for replying I just had a look online now and seen that Netflix and Disney are adding ads, but I'm currently subscribed to the ad free versions, as they report they'll bring out cheaper subscriptions for those who don't mind ads, I understand you can get the boost which removes ads from now tv but I think a £9.99 a month subscription for entertainment pass is around the same as Netflix add free and that maybe they could have offered a lower cost option with the ads as amazon and Disney are only £7.99 a month ad free, thanks for the tip on getting the boost at a cheaper rate though. My point was that freevee which has no subscription has less ads than now tv and still has plenty of content. And that amazon has ads but they are promos before the  show/film and is cheaper than now tv with way more content that includes movies not just tv shows.

But I guess by the looks of things ads are gonna be a part of all on demand services unless you pay extra, just a bit disappointing and I've noticed on the forums people are cancelling already.

I only subscribe to now tv for HBO content I hope HBO max comes to the UK.

Thanks for that info though as I did see a lot of comments comparing now tv to Netflix but are probably just as unaware that they too will be adding ads.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Don’t get me wrong, they need to drop the full retail price of all their memberships. 
However thanks to “cancelling” I’m paying £12 combined for boost, cinema and entertainment memberships for the next 3-6 months.

Warner Brothers Discovery has already said they fully intend to come to the UK. It can’t come soon enough, I’ve already got it thanks to a VPN which I can switch like Disney and Netflix, although I’d happily pay for the UK version when it finally comes.

Which will be a combined HBO Max, Discovery+ and BT sport offering. A scarily good service there if the price is right!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help