cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now smart stick issues

My smart stick has stopped working properly. It loads on my tv for about 5 seconds buffering and then turns off. It does this on every tv I’ve tried and I’ve reset the device several times. Any ideas? 

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi the white light starts to flash after the screen goes blank 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A flashing white light could be a number of things, such has can't connect to your Router / internet (even if the NOW App works on your phone) or it's a HDMI issue (but you mentioned you have tried the Stick on another television so i doubt that the problem).

Or the Stick is attempting a software update and is having difficulties.

Did you get anywhere when using your smartphone has a wifi hotspot (assuming you have mobile internet data on your smartphone) with the Stick to temporary bypass your Router to take this out of the equation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi no luck with the hotspot yet, do you know how to access it with an iPhone? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No idea, i don't own an iPhone (maybe Google it ?).

if you want to watch NOW on your TV screen i believe you can use the iPhone cast button on the NOW App on the iPhone (only thing i am not sure if it's still broken or fixed now reading this link below).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/using-your-iphone-to-cast-to-your-tv 

If you can't get the wifi hotspot to work, then you could try a different wifi channel on your Router or if your Router is dual band, try both 2.4 & 5ghz.

Also to see if there is some conflict between the Router and Stick, maybe try a full factory reset on your Router.

Apart from that perhaps test the Stick on a family members or friends internet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Casting to the tv is a no go unfortunately but thanks for all the help 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To activate the iPhone’s mobile hotspot do the following (you may already have done this, but just in case):

1. In settings/mobile data ensure “Personal Hotspot” is turned on.

2. In settings/personal hotspot, turn on “Allow Others to Join”

3. Make a note of the wi-fi password 

4. Using your Now stick or other device, look for your iPhone name as a wi-fi network and use the password from step 3.

Hope this helps.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If you are powering the Stick from a USB port on the TV, try powering it from its mains charger instead, and see if that helps.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.