cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now smart stick issues

My smart stick has stopped working properly. It loads on my tv for about 5 seconds buffering and then turns off. It does this on every tv I’ve tried and I’ve reset the device several times. Any ideas? 

16 REPLIES 16
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try unplugging your router for a few minutes.

You could also try your phone data just to make sure it’s not the internet.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks for replying. I should of mentioned I can watch now tv on my phone fine and have reset my WiFi box too

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
Try using your phone as a hot spot. 

If it still doesn’t work then try setting the stick back to factory settings. Although that’s a worst case scenario!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I’ve tried that and no luck. I have now reset to factory settings by holding the reset button in for 6 seconds and still no joy 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps  sorry to drag you in mate, do you have any ideas for @Anonymous User ?

Router reset, stick been set back to factory settings. 
Can’t think of anything else.

@Anonymous User did you try your phone as a hot spot? Sorry can’t recall. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I’ve turned hot spot on and gone into now tv settings on phone and not sure how to pair with it 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If I’m not mistaken should be the same as connecting to Wi-fi? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don’t get anything on the screen of my tv I mean my phone? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you say after 5 seconds it turns off, is that the television screen goes blank and the white light on the Stick disappears ?

Or does the white light on the Stick starts to flash ?

If the white light on the Stick disappears, then are you using the supplied power adapter with the Stick or using a USB 900ma port on your television to power the Stick.

Try both if you can and if you have a spare USB micro to USB standard cable plus a USB 1A or higher charger try that has well.

I don't have mobile data on my smartphone, but would have thought go into your phone settings and activate it's Hotspot feature, then go into the Stick Settings under Network, setup new wifi connection and see if it shows your smartphone on the Stick Network list to choose from.