cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeorgieRoyal
Observer

Re: Now TV will not launch on Roku Express

I have the same issue as above with Now disappearing from my menu. When I go to add it again it says ‘Go to channel’, implying it’s already added but nothing happens when I pick this option. I have followed all the guidance on unplugging, resetting etc. and still the same problem. Then followed this advice:

“Go to 

settings > system > system update”

and now Now is agin an option on my menu and is ‘added’ as a channel. When I go to open it nothing happens. Second day now with no Now TV

Jcpt
Advocate

I had this problem for literally the past week, I was able to watch about 5 minutes of my programme on hayu or the entertainment package and it would stop to buffer and then go off and eventually say ‘now tv unavailable’ and have pressed the reset button Atleast 3 times each day to try to get it to work. However this morning turned it on and the whole system had updated, I turned my whole internet off & on again and it’s worked like a dream!!  No problems since and the whole system has done it’s update and looks complete different and fresh. Hope this helped! Xx

JFS
Mentor

Nothing yet I’m afraid. With the updated version released on 19/03 (same version number as the 18/03 version), I now get Now added to be channel list on the Home screen, but when you select it you get the Now app up for about 3 seconds, then it disappears. The Now Help desk have said that the Roku platform is currently a problem that they are working on. Maybe they should have worked on it before they released it
desht
Mentor

@commanda6 Nope.  I just checked for updates, and there was indeed a "Now" update, which I downloaded... and it's still broken.  "Sorry, Now is currently unavailable. Please try again later".

It's fitting they took "TV" out of the name of the app, because I can't watch TV with it anymore.

Ayule84
Advocate

We have been experiencing the same problem for the last 24 hours. It looks as if the app has updated itself as it has the 'new' look to it. I have tired unplugging, rebooting, updating, uninstalling and reinstalling but the app won't load at all. It's still on my home screen but I just can't access it at all. Did anyone find a solution? 

0 Thanks
Amtrakuk
Scholar

Had the update on 19th March on my Roku express, Now TV app doesn't launch.  Followed Roku advise of removing app, restarting and reinstalling - Not worked.   Tried checking for Updates on the Roku - no updates available.   Tried logging in to Nowtv and removing my stick from devices, removed app from my Roku stick, rebooting Roku, rebooting Roku, Reinstalling NowTV app - still crashing.

As Roku and the app says the developer is BSKYB.    Please can you sort out this as I used NowTV a lot.

Version available 6.4.2 / Mar 19 2021

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Amtrakuk 

So Now TV is no longer called Now TV, it was rebranded to "NOW", this was done as part of the update last week. 

Looks like multiple devices including Roku have been affected. 

This is a customer forum, so your post will only really be seen by other customers like you and me. You are best to contact NOW directly, either via Live chat or email. 

Live chat, just click on "chat online".

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Email address for customer support found in below picture.

Now TV customer service.jpeg

cb45
Advocate

Yes we are having the same issue....it’s infuriating.

0 Thanks
Amtrakuk
Scholar

I've emailed support making them aware of the problem.   Not sure if it is only the Express sticks that have issues.  Hopefully it will prompt them into action.

JFS
Mentor

I received this from Now last Friday: “With regards to your query, having checked I see that there is a on going issue with Roku device. Not to worry I have passed your case to the relevant team who are working on it.”
Don’t know why they are still telling Roku users to reset their boxes if it’s the Now app that’s the problem. They refunded my subscription when I requested it because of the problem