cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV will not launch on Roku Express

Now tv has performed

an update on Roku Express but now the app won’t launch. I have switched off , rebooted , removed and added now tv , performed software update via secret menu but still Will not lunch. It also does not show on Home Screen. Roku simply beeps when I try and launch  app after from the install screen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User NowTV have acknowledged the problem, and are working on a fix. In the meantime, if you do a software update on the affected device, if should roll back to a stable version.

Please let us know if it works.

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the exact same problem since my Roku updated last week. I thought after a few resets etc etc it would eventually work. But by the looks of this it’s not going to. I pay for entertainment and movies and getting nothing at the moment so will have to cancel. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem. I get a message to say "Now TV is not available at present please try later." There is a Retry button but this does no good. I have tried resetting my Roku stick, my router and I have even taken out a Now TV adapter that worked for one day then failed as the Roku stick.  Okay so I have now cancelled my subscription to Now TV but the annoying thing is that Now TV know full well I have paid for service because I can still watch Now TV on my iPhone until 11 April. What also annoys me intensely is that having now reported that "Now TV fails to launch" at least 6 times, all I get from Now TV is "We are sorry to see you go. What service are you going to use now?"

Also the email they send acknowledging the cancellation has no way of replying to NOW TV so they do not know why I am leaving. Nor do they really care, I am sure. I may rejoin after 11 April but only after a free trial and to see if I can get NOW TV on a TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Now TV is advertised as available on all versions of roku. As it clearly is not I believe you are entitled to a refund regardless of whether you can access it via another device
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now will not let us open it on our ruko sticks it was OK just stopped working ;please help getting annoying when grandchildren are here

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this problem for literally the past week, I was able to watch about 5 minutes of my programme on hayu or the entertainment package and it would stop to buffer and then go off and eventually say ‘now tv unavailable’ and have pressed the reset button Atleast 3 times each day to try to get it to work. However this morning turned it on and the whole system had updated, I turned my whole internet off & on again and it’s worked like a dream!!  No problems since and the whole system has done it’s update and looks complete different and fresh. Hope this helped! Xx

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have been experiencing the same problem for the last 24 hours. It looks as if the app has updated itself as it has the 'new' look to it. I have tired unplugging, rebooting, updating, uninstalling and reinstalling but the app won't load at all. It's still on my home screen but I just can't access it at all. Did anyone find a solution? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had the update on 19th March on my Roku express, Now TV app doesn't launch.  Followed Roku advise of removing app, restarting and reinstalling - Not worked.   Tried checking for Updates on the Roku - no updates available.   Tried logging in to Nowtv and removing my stick from devices, removed app from my Roku stick, rebooting Roku, rebooting Roku, Reinstalling NowTV app - still crashing.

As Roku and the app says the developer is BSKYB.    Please can you sort out this as I used NowTV a lot.

Version available 6.4.2 / Mar 19 2021

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So Now TV is no longer called Now TV, it was rebranded to "NOW", this was done as part of the update last week. 

Looks like multiple devices including Roku have been affected. 

This is a customer forum, so your post will only really be seen by other customers like you and me. You are best to contact NOW directly, either via Live chat or email. 

Live chat, just click on "chat online".

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Email address for customer support found in below picture.

Now TV customer service.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help!

I've had the same problem since the update.  I click on the 'go to solution' button and it takes me back to the chat.  

aaaagh!

thank you

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like NOW have rolled back the software on the NOW App on my Roku Stick model EU3500.

Went into the Stick Settings > System > System Update and there was a software update available.

Seems NOW have stuck with the new rebrand NOW looking App icon, but when you now open it up it takes you to the older previous UI.

Haven't got sufficient device slots on my account to test it running, but a quick navigate around the old style UI seems fine from my quick check.