cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV will not launch on Roku Express

Now tv has performed

an update on Roku Express but now the app won’t launch. I have switched off , rebooted , removed and added now tv , performed software update via secret menu but still Will not lunch. It also does not show on Home Screen. Roku simply beeps when I try and launch  app after from the install screen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User NowTV have acknowledged the problem, and are working on a fix. In the meantime, if you do a software update on the affected device, if should roll back to a stable version.

Please let us know if it works.

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User NowTV have acknowledged the problem, and are working on a fix. In the meantime, if you do a software update on the affected device, if should roll back to a stable version.

Please let us know if it works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have tried everything and Now will not play on Roku!

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

please perform a software update on your Roku device. This should roll your device back to the previous version of the app. 'Now', for the time being, have taken the decision to roll back to the earlier version of the app on devices where people are having issues

Do this by going to

settings > system > system update

Hope this helps😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for me, I have even gone through the steps to update my Roku this evening...and still getting the same Sorry, temporarily unavailable. Tomorrow it will have been 3 weeks since I was able to use the Now App on my Roku, I have now cancelled my monthly payment. Hope you have better luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
If there is no updates, remove the app, reboot your Roku and reinstall.

Check the Date on the app, it should say 31st March.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Now 'TV' has been broken on my Roku 3 for a long time -- pretty much since the new vile colour scheme and branding.

I get the message 'Sorry, Now TV is currently unavailable.'

Reinstalled restarted updated firmware and still nothing.  The latest version of Now installed is 6.4 build 3.

I can only watch over Chromecast to my TV as they don't even support my Nvidia Shield Android TV box. Sometimes the casting just stops and the App crashes out.

If it wasn't for the 50% discount I get every time I go to cancel my Cinema and Entertainment passes, I'd probably have given up ages ago.  It's becoming poor value even at half the price!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sometimes a third party ad blocking software will cause the error message "Sorry NOWTV is Currently Unavailable".

This seems to have happened since the latest NOW rebrand software (so far only seen it reported on certain devices ie NOW, Roku, Apple TV).

If you are using a third party ad blocking software on your Router see if disabling it gets you past the error message.

Another thing that pops up this error message, is a VPN or a Rogue IP address outside the UK (sometimes unplugging the power for 20 minutes on your Router will allow your Router to automatically acquire a new IP address).

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Just to follow up from the sound advise by @schnapps there is also the worst case scenario of setting the stick back to factory settings.

Its a bit of a long shot and extreme but might work. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help