cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV will not launch on Roku Express

Now tv has performed

an update on Roku Express but now the app won’t launch. I have switched off , rebooted , removed and added now tv , performed software update via secret menu but still Will not lunch. It also does not show on Home Screen. Roku simply beeps when I try and launch  app after from the install screen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User NowTV have acknowledged the problem, and are working on a fix. In the meantime, if you do a software update on the affected device, if should roll back to a stable version.

Please let us know if it works.

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have emailed them, I may just try and call them tomorrow and see if I can speak to someone.  The lack of a patched version is not good enough, shame as it is a great service.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Before you try “calling” NOW you won’t get very far as there is NO number for TV memberships. The number is only for broadband customers.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I managed to find my old Roku Express model number 3900EU which i haven't used in about 3 years.

Updated the firmware under Settings > System > System Update > Check now and it updated to software version 9.4.0 Build 4200.

I then went back to the main Roku home screen and again went into the Settings > System > System Restart  > Restart.

After the Roku Express rebooted the new re-brand NOW App was showing on the Roku home screen.

When clicking on the new look NOW App for the first time it took one or two minutes to load up, then after that i was navigating around the new UI without any noticeable problems from my quick 5 minutes test (though i agree that the jumping between the NOW UI screen pages are much slower than the previous NOW App).

I have got an old purple Roku Stick somewhere in the house and i am going to try and find it tomorrow.

Where my gut feeling that this older purple Roku Stick with less processing power and RAM will be the device that is going to cause me difficulties updating to the new NOW rebrand App.

Hopefully i can track down the old purple Roku Stick to test out.

Should you be using a different Roku model from the Roku Express, then please quote the model number under Settings > System > About.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm using a purple one.  The "NOW" app installs but when trying to open
the app, after about 5 seconds of the new NOW splash screen the app
crashes back to the main screen.  See if you get anywhere with yours
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

So i finally tracked down my old purple Roku Stick model 3500EU which i haven't used for about 5 or 6 years and the NOW new rebrand App doesn't open and reverts back to the Roku Home Screen page like others have reported.

No problems with my more powerful and newer Roku Stick Plus and Roku Express devices when opening up and using the new NOW UI.

Haven't tested the actual Roku Express playing any NOW actual content because i haven't got any spare device slots on my account and only had a quick play around with Roku Express NOW UI.

My old purple Roku Stick model 3500EU is going back in the cupboard now to collect more dust because i don't use it anymore and i am lucky enough to have other newer devices to fall back on.

I hope that any Roku owners who are (i am assuming) using the older Roku devices gets this resolved somehow by NOW. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not sure of the model number but my purple stick is behaving as your purple one.   I'll try and give them a call tomorrow - now I know the model number 😉

At least there are other apps and Amazon to watch.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To find your Roku device model number go to Settings > System > About.

ettyg
Mentor

So it's now day 7 of no NOW on roku and still no meaningful response from NOW . Promised e-mail must be lost in the post.                                                                                                                              Yesterday I scrounged a firestick, which according to the fanfare is now compatible, but after the rigamarole of installing the NOW app i still can't get it to work. I followed every tip and suggestion and the only difference it made was that i can now see the menu so i know what i'm missing ( which to be fair hasn't been a great deal for a while now).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also lost a week of NOW TV due to the app icon turning from a sporty orange to a very sickly green. No doubt this has something to do with the fact that the NOW TV stick I have does not work either even though I went all through the re-registration and getting my access to my account. I can see my payments but I CANNOT EMAIL NOW TV. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What was the solution? I am having the same issue :o(