cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV will not launch on Roku Express

Now tv has performed

an update on Roku Express but now the app won’t launch. I have switched off , rebooted , removed and added now tv , performed software update via secret menu but still Will not lunch. It also does not show on Home Screen. Roku simply beeps when I try and launch  app after from the install screen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User NowTV have acknowledged the problem, and are working on a fix. In the meantime, if you do a software update on the affected device, if should roll back to a stable version.

Please let us know if it works.

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Was working around 8:15 but had stopped by 12:30.  Looks like it's trying to update to v6.4.2 but doesn't open or appear on home screen of either of my roku devices.  Tried everything up to and including a factory reset but no joy.  Raised a call with support but I think it's a problem with the update itself.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same problem has anyone found a solution? Or have a contact to help solve. Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So annoying mine is doing the same - tried unplugging, remove and relaunch app, remove app then unplug and reinstall and reset but no joy. Any news on how to solve? Thank you 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Nothing yet I’m afraid. With the updated version released on 19/03 (same version number as the 18/03 version), I now get Now added to be channel list on the Home screen, but when you select it you get the Now app up for about 3 seconds, then it disappears. The Now Help desk have said that the Roku platform is currently a problem that they are working on. Maybe they should have worked on it before they released it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes we are having the same issue....it’s infuriating.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've emailed support making them aware of the problem.   Not sure if it is only the Express sticks that have issues.  Hopefully it will prompt them into action.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I received this from Now last Friday: “With regards to your query, having checked I see that there is a on going issue with Roku device. Not to worry I have passed your case to the relevant team who are working on it.”
Don’t know why they are still telling Roku users to reset their boxes if it’s the Now app that’s the problem. They refunded my subscription when I requested it because of the problem
ettyg
Mentor

Well it's now day 6 of this lack of effective action from what passes as customer services at the newly re-branded NOW. Seems like they are using a stock 'we're looking into it' response to fob everyone off.  I hope their re-branding includes a financial element that covers the cancellation of unusable accounts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I just cancelled my subscription, though apparently I can "keep watching until

26 Mar" — which is pretty remarkable because I haven't had access for the last 6 days, since their update! I'm sure the NOW launch will grab them lots more happy subscribers, but this (unhappy) one is off. Why? Because they didn't even have the courtesy to explain that there's been a problem (far less able to sort it out.)  One day we were watching their shows, the next day our bundle couldn't be accessed. Very, very, poor customer service.  What a shower!