cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV will not launch on Roku Express

Now tv has performed

an update on Roku Express but now the app won’t launch. I have switched off , rebooted , removed and added now tv , performed software update via secret menu but still Will not lunch. It also does not show on Home Screen. Roku simply beeps when I try and launch  app after from the install screen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User NowTV have acknowledged the problem, and are working on a fix. In the meantime, if you do a software update on the affected device, if should roll back to a stable version.

Please let us know if it works.

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There are multiple threads about this issue but here’s what I’ve posted elsewhere.

It seems be affecting quite a few users since the App update. NowTV have been informed and are looking in to it…

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like it's been resolved now; I've now got the new version open on my Roku.  As a massive DC fan this couldn't have happened on a worse day.  Okay, so I'll have to wait a little bit longer to watch Justice League but it'll still be there tomorrow night (hopefully).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers for the update. Yep. New update works. Annoying but resolved. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still won't load on my Roku 2. Anyone any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still also not working on my Roku 3810EU player.  Starts up, thinks for a minute, then "Sorry, NowTV is not currently available".

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

A new version of the app has recently been released normally a Roku were only check for updates once every 24 hours, but you can check for updates manually.

Go to 

settings > system > system update

If the app gets updated, you'll find that it simply has the new name of 'now' 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue as above with Now disappearing from my menu. When I go to add it again it says ‘Go to channel’, implying it’s already added but nothing happens when I pick this option. I have followed all the guidance on unplugging, resetting etc. and still the same problem. Then followed this advice:

“Go to 

settings > system > system update”

and now Now is agin an option on my menu and is ‘added’ as a channel. When I go to open it nothing happens. Second day now with no Now TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6 Nope.  I just checked for updates, and there was indeed a "Now" update, which I downloaded... and it's still broken.  "Sorry, Now is currently unavailable. Please try again later".

It's fitting they took "TV" out of the name of the app, because I can't watch TV with it anymore.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same with my app via Roku 3 days now tried everything 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have emailed support and after 2 days I got a stall message back
saying They will look into my account if I supply XYZ....  Annoyingly I
didn't mention anything about my account, checking the email I sent I
clearly said the fault was with the Roku app failing to launch.

I cant say I'm confident with their "knock and wait" support model.  I
urge all people with the problem to save your money, cancel their
subscription and just try app in a few months time, if it works you can
sign back up if you want.