cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skegger
Advocate

Now TV will not launch on Roku Express

Now tv has performed

an update on Roku Express but now the app won’t launch. I have switched off , rebooted , removed and added now tv , performed software update via secret menu but still Will not lunch. It also does not show on Home Screen. Roku simply beeps when I try and launch  app after from the install screen. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Now TV will not launch on Roku Express

@MorelloCherry NowTV have acknowledged the problem, and are working on a fix. In the meantime, if you do a software update on the affected device, if should roll back to a stable version.

Please let us know if it works.

View solution in original post

54 Replies
MarkEastwood
Advocate

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Was working around 8:15 but had stopped by 12:30.  Looks like it's trying to update to v6.4.2 but doesn't open or appear on home screen of either of my roku devices.  Tried everything up to and including a factory reset but no joy.  Raised a call with support but I think it's a problem with the update itself.

Donna27

I’m having the same problem has anyone found a solution? Or have a contact to help solve. Thanks

0 Thanks
Bertie1p
Scholar

There are multiple threads about this issue but here’s what I’ve posted elsewhere.

It seems be affecting quite a few users since the App update. NowTV have been informed and are looking in to it…

MarkEastwood
Advocate

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like it's been resolved now; I've now got the new version open on my Roku.  As a massive DC fan this couldn't have happened on a worse day.  Okay, so I'll have to wait a little bit longer to watch Justice League but it'll still be there tomorrow night (hopefully).

Skegger
Advocate

Cheers for the update. Yep. New update works. Annoying but resolved. 

0 Thanks
JFS
Mentor

Still won't load on my Roku 2. Anyone any ideas?

desht
Mentor

Still also not working on my Roku 3810EU player.  Starts up, thinks for a minute, then "Sorry, NowTV is not currently available".

0 Thanks
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @desht  @JFS 

A new version of the app has recently been released normally a Roku were only check for updates once every 24 hours, but you can check for updates manually.

Go to 

settings > system > system update

If the app gets updated, you'll find that it simply has the new name of 'now' 

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Thanks
Rachel04
Advocate

So annoying mine is doing the same - tried unplugging, remove and relaunch app, remove app then unplug and reinstall and reset but no joy. Any news on how to solve? Thank you 

0 Thanks