cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick preloaded pass.

I've just got a stick with a 12 month pass on .when I plug it into my TV would the pass automatically activate. I don't want it to as I have 2 month of a previously bought pass left on my box. Any help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You can setup and activate the new stick now if you wish.

Once activated (make sure you use your existing account details) the 12th month voucher will be automatically pre loaded and saved into your account.

You can find the saved 12 month voucher by going to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst signed in on here and towards the top of the page there will be a message saying " Vouchers Waiting for You" with a green link button below.

Click on the green link button "see your vouchers" where a new page will open on screen showing your saved vouchers and when they can be redeemed.

If you want to continue with the 12 month voucher straight after your current 2 month pass offer, then go back to this saved voucher page during the last 30 days of your existing offer coming to an end where the voucher redeem button should then be available to start & use.

Here's an example of My Account showing the Vouchers waiting message with link button and my saved vouchers (where i can use my 1 day sports pass now if i wished, where i can't unlock or use my entertainment voucher until after the 28th of January (the 30 day offer expiry threshold limit) because i am still on an existing entertainment offer which finishes on the 28th of February.

stick vouchers.PNGstick vouchers waiting for you.PNG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You can setup and activate the new stick now if you wish.

Once activated (make sure you use your existing account details) the 12th month voucher will be automatically pre loaded and saved into your account.

You can find the saved 12 month voucher by going to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst signed in on here and towards the top of the page there will be a message saying " Vouchers Waiting for You" with a green link button below.

Click on the green link button "see your vouchers" where a new page will open on screen showing your saved vouchers and when they can be redeemed.

If you want to continue with the 12 month voucher straight after your current 2 month pass offer, then go back to this saved voucher page during the last 30 days of your existing offer coming to an end where the voucher redeem button should then be available to start & use.

Here's an example of My Account showing the Vouchers waiting message with link button and my saved vouchers (where i can use my 1 day sports pass now if i wished, where i can't unlock or use my entertainment voucher until after the 28th of January (the 30 day offer expiry threshold limit) because i am still on an existing entertainment offer which finishes on the 28th of February.

stick vouchers.PNGstick vouchers waiting for you.PNG

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that much appreciated

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I purchased a NowTV stick with 2 months entertainment preloaded. I entered the codes etc during setup but they didn't apply to my account. Is there a way to recover the codes and re-enter?

Many thanks in advance,

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've just got a stick with a 12 month pass on .when I plug it into my TV would the pass automatically activate. I don't want it to as I have 2 month of a previously bought pass left on my box. Any help please

@Anonymous User

what usually happens with the hardware that has preloaded vouchers on it is about is added to your account, but isn't activated.  for you to apply the pass whenever you're ready. If you already have a voucher for a particular pass type applied to your account. You can't stack vouchers, so you wouldn't be able to apply the voucher until your current voucher is within its last 30 days.

Make sure you fully complete the process on screen to ensure the voucher is added to your account during device activation

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

EDIT 

or what @schnapps Has said above, who seems a bit quicker off the mark me than me

My apologies I can't find the direct link for the page that would take you to your stored vouchers. It seems that NowTV only gives you a link to that page. If you have vouchers stored on your account when you have vouchers stored on your account. The link to the page can be found at

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The advice above does not work if you don't have current passes.

I bought a new Smart Stick with a 1 month cinema + 1 month entertainment + 1 day Sports pass and on setting up the new Smart stick it activated the Cinema & Entertainment pass straight away!

Very annoying, as we won't be able to use them very much over the next month.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The advice given on this thread page was based on the original poster already having an existing two month pass active on their account.

Nowtv have tweaked the rules with regards to using a NowTV stick or box with the bundled preloaded electronic voucher passes on them, which was discussed on this linked thread below.

So if you haven't got an active pass or a pass less than 30 days (from my understanding) the voucher will automatically start and there is no way of saving it on your account for a later date if you setup & activate the NowTV stick / box straight away. 

In this above scenario you will need to setup and activate the stick / box when you are ready to start the vouchers off them.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Just-upgraded-to-a-box-with-free-passes-included-a-few-questions/m-p/504244#M9561

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have bought 3 now tv sticks with 3 months sports passes on each stick how long do I have to activate the sticks before they are no longer valid