cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV set up issue

I bought a new TV and new Now TV stick for my daughter's bedroom, at Christmas time. I have followed all the set up instructions and on-screen guidance. Everything is working fine, except for the fact that the volume keys on the Now TV remote won't work and if you try to use them, it takes you out of Now TV and you have to use the TV remote to change the 'source' back to the HDMI. I have gone through the setup process a couple of times and it doesn't identify any errors, but still does this. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? My other Now TV stick in my living-room set up with no problem.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What's the make of your Daughter's television ?

First thing i would try is go into the TV menu settings and see if there is a CEC HDMI option and switch it off.

Also maybe try going into the NOW Stick Settings and untick 1- Touch control.

Don't know if this will have any bearing on the operation of the volume buttons on the NOW remote, but may prevent the HDMI source changing on the television when pressing the buttons.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks - I have unticked the 1-touch control. There is no CEC HDMI in the menu. The issue is still the same.

Annie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a Bush TV

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a Bush television, but see if there is anything with regards to HDMI on the Bush television settings that you can adjust or disable.

I have seen these exact symptoms reported once before by somebody on the Community Forum (can't remember if they was using a Bush television or a Supermarket brand and if they resolved it or not).

Maybe also try typing Bush (Goodmans or JVC) in the Community search box to see if there are any results that has the same problem.