cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV just frozen and blue light on

My NOW TV has just frozen today and there is a light blue light on. I have changed the batteries on the remote but it is not doing anything. I can’t even reset the settings on the tv as it won’t navigate to anywhere. What shall i do? 

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is this on the Now TV stick? 

How is your stick receiving power? Is it connected to a plug or in the USB on the TV? 
If it’s in the TV, you can always try via a plug. 

As a suggestion you could perform a hard factory reset.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s on samsung tv my friends had the same on their LG tv the other day. Also missing content on some of series

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the native NowTV App is frozen on your Samsung or LG Smart TV, then see if unplugging the television from the electrical mains for about 2 minutes makes any difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Already tried that have to turn off everytime I go into app as it freezes quiet a lot also a problem with NCOs lid Angeles same as someone else keeps saying could not find content for about 6 episodesI Think it’s the app itself as I’ve got a box in my bedroom and it does it on that as well
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NCIS Los Angeles appears to be currently broken according to the NowTV reply in this linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Content-request-not-recognized/m-p/551896 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using a NowTV Freeview Smart Box like the photo below or another device ?

Have you tried rebooting both the box and your Router by unplugging the power for about a minute ?

If it's the NowTV box has the photo, then have you flipped the box over and held in the small reset button on the bottom of the box for about 15 to 20 seconds ?

This will then factory reset the box and you will have to setup the box again from scratch using your existing account details.

now_tv_smart_box_with_remote.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve got the same thing freezing it won’t let me into any now tv it’s not the broadband we’ve checked and it’s working perfect