cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV in the future

Where do you see now TV in the next few years?

What features would you like to see?

What new channels would you want?

How should sky price now TV? Eg full package in one payment

What features do you want to be added to the box?
16 REPLIES 16
Legend 5
Legend 5

Channel wise the other UKTV channels such as watch, Sky two and universal. If talk talk can offer via internet, no reason Sky can't. Subtitles would be good. I think Sky should drop Sky go and offer now free to their Sky TV customers. If it offered same range of channels they could probably get away with £10 a month. Combined passes would be good as well as ability to pay for a year of passes up front.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

🌟 720p (live) / 1080p (catchup) 

🌟 USB recording / TiVo functionality! 

🌟 a FULL NowTV monthly pass for £40!

🌟 & Subtitles

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

- Full range of content & channels on Youview

- Apps for Smart TVs other than LG

- Subtitles

- SyFy, Watch & Alibi channels

- Combined monthly passes

- Premium Pass for HD & Basic Pass for SD

- Live channels all accessed through one list (Ents, Movies & Sports) rather than having to exit to switch

- Entertainment Pass bundled in for free with Sky Fibre Unlimited

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM wrote:

- Full range of content & channels on Youview

- Apps for Smart TVs other than LG

- Subtitles

- SyFy, Watch & Alibi channels

- Combined monthly passes

- Premium Pass for HD & Basic Pass for SD

- Live channels all accessed through one list (Ents, Movies & Sports) rather than having to exit to switch

- Entertainment Pass bundled in for free with Sky Fibre Unlimited

@DarylM The only thing I'm not sure about there is a different subscription for SD and HD. I think it will get to the point soon, where HD is regarded as the standard video quality level for content because UHD is starting to appear and will likely be seen as the new premium quality level. So I'm not sure you can call HD a premium thing any more. However I agree with you on all other counts Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@DarylM The only thing I'm not sure about there is a different subscription for SD and HD. I think it will get to the point soon, where HD is regarded as the standard video quality level for content because UHD is starting to appear and will likely be seen as the new premium quality level. So I'm not sure you can call HD a premium thing any more. However I agree with you on all other counts Smiley Happy

@commanda6  You may be right.  Now TV will have to introduce full HD at some point as it comes to be seen as standard.  The question is what that would do to the price point.

I think Now TV would be reluctant to have two-tier pricing since it diminishes the simplicity of the product.  But if the price would have to go up to bring in HD, I'd prefer the option of having SD on a basic package for a pound or two cheaper.

If HD can be brought in without the price going up then all is well and good.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM Same for me. Personally, I see HD pointless as I go for how good the shows/movies are, not the quality of them.

Yeah, I see what you mean with the amazon part. Smiley Indifferent

But when you realise you are only halfway through a series and it expires soon, I'd pay to see the rest. 

For me, I am halfway through switched at birth and there is no way I can see all the rest in time. Smiley Sad

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993  My TV's too small to tell the difference between SD and HD. 

If I had a bigger TV I'd probably pay a bit extra for HD.  But SD is fine for my current purposes and I'm happy to save a pound or two when I do subscribe to Netflix.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Probably have to add to the wishlist a Now TV box capable of 50Hz output.  Or 50/60 variable output depending on the content.

I realise this is a problem for Roku more than Now TV.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

-A few more Entertainment channels

-Movies and Entertainment combined pass.

-UKTV player.

-Prisoner Cell Block H on here (that'd be sweet!)

-Maybe a weekly movie pass as I rarely watch movies and have yet to start my trial.

-To buy the boxsets seperately to keep them forever.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂