cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chai
Scholar 3

Now TV account allowing you to add 6 devices

My Now TV account now allows me to add 6 devices.

This is great improvement, as I always thought 4 devices (with one swap a month) was hobbling the service somewhat.

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If NOW went to UHD I for one would upgrade my Sky broadband to hi-speed fibre; so they are losing out a customer upgrade as the only other UHD stuff I have is downloaded from youtube to watch separately (so speed pretty irrelevant). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

If NOW went to UHD I for one would upgrade my Sky broadband to hi-speed fibre; so they are losing out a customer upgrade as the only other UHD stuff I have is downloaded from youtube to watch separately (so speed pretty irrelevant). 

Would you pay £13 a month extra for uhd?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wouldn't pay anybody £13 extra to upgrade to UHD. That would be super extortionist and exorbitant!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I wouldn't pay anybody £13 extra to upgrade to UHD. That would be super extortionist and exorbitant!!!

Well that’s what sky satellite customers pay so it would be at least that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Well that’s what sky satellite customers pay so it would be at least that.

WOW!!!!! Some people have too much money Smiley LOL As NowTV is the budget version of Sky TV it isn't likely people would pay that to get extra content. Anyone serious about UHD would sub to Sky and not NowTV.

The other thing to remember is......Sky are dragging their heels getting a Full HD NowTV service going, heaven knows how many years it would take them to get UHD on here Smiley LOL

£13!!!! WOW!!!! Smiley LOL

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @howardfh1 

You know Guys

You may have noticed that since the Cinema Pass price has gone up there has been some push back by forum members, such as myself, who have abandoned using Now TV's Movies.

Also, as Robert said, "..NowTV is the budget version of Sky TV..." and, quite frankly, any movement away from this market segment would have Now TV's users leaving in droves, and I believe Sky knows this that's why they're reluctant to bring in expensive, i.e. price rising, changes.

Also, you have to remember that Disney's looking to bring in their own Internet Broadcasting service, which they are likely to initially offer at a "loss leader" price, say £7.99 per month, for all their back catalogue.

Therefore, I believe that Sky has divided the UK Internet streaming market into two distinct areas, premium and budget, where the premium area will get the innovative and technically advanced functions first. And the budget area will get the new tech when it is no longer new and the cost to provide it has fallen significantly.

Plus, for commercial reasons, Sky will want to maintain a clear technological distinction between what Sky and Now TV each have to offer.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy wrote:

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @howardfh1 

You know Guys

You may have noticed that since the Cinema Pass price has gone up there has been some push back by forum members, such as myself, who have abandoned using Now TV's Movies.

Also, as Robert said, "..NowTV is the budget version of Sky TV..." and, quite frankly, any movement away from this market segment would have Now TV's users leaving in droves, and I believe Sky knows this that's why they're reluctant to bring in expensive, i.e. price rising, changes.

Also, you have to remember that Disney's looking to bring in their own Internet Broadcasting service, which they are likely to initially offer at a "loss leader" price, say £7.99 per month, for all their back catalogue.

Therefore, I believe that Sky has divided the UK Internet streaming market into two distinct areas, premium and budget, where the premium area will get the innovative and technically advanced functions first. And the budget area will get the new tech when it is no longer new and the cost to provide it has fallen significantly.

Plus, for commercial reasons, Sky will want to maintain a clear technological distinction between what Sky and Now TV each have to offer.

UK Bob

Agreed, that’s the point I was making I just don’t think now tv has the it backup either when you see that they couldn’t add the red button games to the sports channels and 1080p is something they can’t manage then you get the feeling they are run on a bare bones set up.  I actually think the Disney announcement will be a big issue for now tv and sky, not just for films but the tv network they acquired with Fox is responsible for a big chunk of sky’s programming will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy wrote:

To be honest £10/month or £12/month makes little difference to me. It is the lack of good movies that made me stop.  It costs over £20/month on Virgin.

One upside of Disney taking all the cartoon and superhero movies would be more proper movies. I doubt I would ever get the Disney service unless I have grandchildren and it will probably many years before that happens.  

Ultimately I believe IPTV will supersede satellite/cable as it is more flexible and has more appeal to a younger demographic.  It would be a mistake for Sky to have a second rate service when Amazon and Netflix are providing 4K for less than £10/month for their movies + entertainment offering. Getting similar with Now at rack rates is twice that, though I suspect few pay full price.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I missed the memo on this one!!! I’ve been a Now TV customer since the white box (V1) came out. I’ve fed back so many times that 4 devices was never enough. THANK YOU for finally upping the number of devices. It was always such a ball ache to remove a device to then watch on another because you wanted to watch on a TV or iPad or iPhone instead of a Now TV Box or Stick or Roku device! :)))

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

Would be nice to see an option maybe for a slightly higher tier price for families to allow more than 2 streams at the same time, (where 2 simultaneous streams is sufficient for my needs though).

Maybe just for the same price would be better.  What I believe should happen is you should have no more than 2 simultaneous streams per pass rather than per account.  I have separate accounts for sports and cinema/entertainment so that I have 4 streams available at any one time.  Whilst my son and I watch sport on the now TV sticks/iPads, my wife and daughter can watch movies or shows on the Roku sticks/iPads.

I suppose we could download to iPad(s) to not use streams and have six devices on the go simultaneously.