cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chai
Scholar 3

Now TV account allowing you to add 6 devices

My Now TV account now allows me to add 6 devices.

This is great improvement, as I always thought 4 devices (with one swap a month) was hobbling the service somewhat.

29 REPLIES 29
Hooba
Scholar 3

3 device swaps a month too. Big improvement.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Yep the 6 devices now permitted on everyone's NowTV account with 3 device swaps per a calendar month is a step in the right direction.

Would be nice to see an option maybe for a slightly higher tier price for families to allow more than 2 streams at the same time, (where 2 simultaneous streams is sufficient for my needs though).

chai
Scholar 3

I seriously doubt if the number of new devices allowed per month will actually be three, as this number may just be a result of adding the new device slots. But we will wait and see!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @chai 

Three device swaps per calendar month if you need to replace any of the six registered devices on you account is definite.

Where i had the above confirmed by somebody from NowTV Management in a PM conversation.

Also it's confirmed here in this related help article.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices

chai
Scholar 3

Thanks @schnapps 

RoyB
Legend

Stockholm syndrome.

Only someone who has never had Netflix or Prime Video would think this goes far enough Smiley Mad

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB wrote:

Stockholm syndrome.

Only someone who has never had Netflix or Prime Video would think this goes far enough Smiley Mad

Yea all we need now is 1080p like every other streaming service. Really disappointed that Sky treat NowTv subscribers like the cousin they don’t want to talk to. UHD would be a nice addition but I’m not holding my breath for that anytime soon.

cheers

chai
Scholar 3

Sky X (Sky without a dish) will soon be released in Austria (with 1080p streams), and will at the same time replace the Austrian version of Now TV (Sky Ticket).

When Sky X is inevitably released in the UK I doubt it will replace Now TV in the short term, however Sky X having 1080p streams will probably be used as one of the selling points to encourage users to upgrade from Now TV to Sky X.

Therefore I doubt that Now TV will ever get an upgrade from 720p to 1080p streams.

Miketurn
Scholar 3

I'm happy to stay at 720p if they just improve the frame rate on the live sports channels!