cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

Now TV Passes

Hi everyone

Where are you getting your Entertainment passes from? I have tried Game to get an online code and Argos but both are only showing Sports passes!

I do not have a Currys near me really and I don't know if I trust Amazon, as I may get a duff pass, so any info would be gratefully received Smiley Happy

18 REPLIES 18
Lindzi
Elite 2

@schnapps

23??? That's amazing!! You have way more than me Smiley Very Happy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi

I found this old thread with a photo i took back in 2016 (which i have linked below) where at the time i had accumulated 18 nowtv boxes back then Smiley Wink

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Recycle-of-old-NowTV-box/td-p/359013/page/2

Lindzi
Elite 2

@schnapps

Wow! I thought I was something but I only have 8 or 9 Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi

Just to chip in with my Pass buying habits...... these days I tend to stick with the Supermarkets and my usual Morrisons £10 for two months of Entertainment Pass....... and yes Morrisons are currently doing 20% off all the Now TV Passes they stock (I've also seen other Supermarkets at times do similar discounts on Passes).  Seeing as they are just about everywhere these days, Supermarkets can be a good place for Passes.

In the past I also tended to buy extra devices just for the Passes....... the black Now TV box from Argos with the 6month Entertainment voucher was always a highlight when they did it in a sale!!!! And what about @schnapps with his many devices..... singlehandedly accounting for a decent percentage of Now TVs profits!!!!  Can we just imagine the future David Attenborough documentary with the Oceans full of old White and Black Now TV boxes!!!!!!

I've never really considered Amazon as you read the stories of duff Passes..... but you've got plenty of good advise from others on here about buying from Amazon, so could be worth a shot.

One other store that might be worth a look if you have one near you is WH Smiths.  They also do large racks of Gift Vouchers, including several of the Now TV variants.

Lindzi
Elite 2

Oooh WH Smith!! I hadn't thought of them, thanks @Anonymous User

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi

Yep, WH Smith's is on the list that i posted previously Smiley Wink

https://help.nowtv.com/article/gift-cards

Lindzi
Elite 2

I had totally missed them on the list...sorry @schnapps  Smiley Embarassed

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps@Lindzi

You know what, I really should read the links that folk take the time to Post about on here....... I hadn't read that earlier one from @schnapps so hadn't realised that WH Smiths was out there!!!!!

I think I knew most of that list already, but couldn't say I'd ever known that Clinton's the card shop did Passes (that is the Clinton's they mean???), I'll need to check that out the next time I pass one.....guess they don't do many??

I do like my Passes from Supermarkets as that reassuring beep at the checkout does mean your Pass is good and activated...... never had an issue (yet).

ukbobboy
Legend

@Lindzi

Hi again Linzi

You asked, "...do you favour any particular Amazon seller, or is it buy and hope for the best?"

Well, I do not favour any particular seller but there was this one time I wrote a very strong negative review about a seller, which woke him up and got him to send me replacement pass codes within an hour of seeing my review.

However, I have found that most sellers are very cooperative and will rectify any problem very quickly.  For example, the last seller I purchased  passes from contacted me before I even realised there was a problem. He sent me replacements in "double-quick" time, I really could not ask for more.

If you are wary about buying passes from "Amazon sellers" then I would suggest that you start off "slow and easy" to build up your confidence by only buying one pass to begin with, as a kind of test. If that works out OK then you can progress to buying multiple passes.

But if anything goes wrong you will always have Amazon to fall back on, their customer service is quite good and in most cases will take the customer's side, if the seller will not supply what you have paid for, and refund your money.

UK Bob