cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Stick

Can anyone help

My Now Stick has stopped working, I have tried it in different HDMI ports and a different TV but it is just not being recognized by either TV.

I have tried the reset button as suggested in the troubleshooting, unplugged it, plugged back in, TV on TV off, still nothing happens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you haven't changed your Router or ISP ?

Any error message or error code on screen or the screen is just blank ?

Or when you say nothing happens, is there a picture or menu on screen and the remote controller doesn't respond to commands from the remote buttons ?

Also is there a solid white or flashing white light on the Stick ?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you haven't changed your Router or ISP ?

Any error message or error code on screen or the screen is just blank ?

Or when you say nothing happens, is there a picture or menu on screen and the remote controller doesn't respond to commands from the remote buttons ?

Also is there a solid white or flashing white light on the Stick ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps

Router and ispn the same

no error message, tv screen says HDMI/AV not connected

I cant see any light or flashing on the stick, but that may be difficult as the stick is behind the tv that is on the wall

It may sound silly but its as if the tv is not recognizing it or it is not switching on

I have even replaced the batteries in the remote, when i press any button a little green light flashes under the battery cover 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the screen says no HDMI connection and you have already tried on another television with the same result.

Then it might be a power issue or faulty USB power adapter plug or USB cable.

Are you using the supplied USB plug adapter or using power from the USB on your television ?

Also would you have a spare USB Standard to USB micro cable knocking around to test ?

I would try the Stick on the second television again to see if you have better access to see the white light from the Stick.

Should either television have a 5V DC 900 MA USB port on it try that with the Stick and cable to see if you can get a picture on screen.

Also if you have another USB charger plug rated at 5VDC 1A or higher Amps lying around the home try that has well with the Stick.

If you are getting the white light on the Stick and nothing is still not happening try a full factory reset by holding in the Stick reset button for about 15 seconds and not the six seconds recommended by NOW.

Should you still have no joy from the above testing then you could have a faulty NOW Stick which needs replacing (hopefully under warranty).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi scnapps

i have used it from new via the usb socket on the tv, i dug the box out last night and tried the plug that came with it but it is the same,

im not sure about another cable but i do have a plug so will try that then go for the reset again, 

i unplugged the stick from the tv for the reset last night, should i leave it in the tv or take it out?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When i factory reset my NOW Stick i always leave it plugged into the HDMI port when both the television and Stick is switched on.

You need to get a white light either flashing or better still a solid constant white light showing from the Stick body if you can.

Once the Stick has some sort of white light showing on it, then there is a good chance you may be able to get it running again by a factory reset.

Firstly you need to concentrate trying to get the white light from the Stick by following the suggestions on my previous post to establish power onto the Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps

Thank you, i will try all this

gut feeling says it will have to be a new stick which wont be under guarantee sadly as ive had it a while