cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Black Box

Hi, the box light just flashing not connecting with the TV. I done hard reset for 15 and 30 seconds. Changed the hdmi cable, tried different TV as well. But no luck. Any ide what is happening to the box. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Could be on the way out perhaps? It is a very old device that is certainly no longer made anymore.

Keep an open mind that you might need to get a new device. Which I would suggest either an Amazon fire stick or Roku Stick. As long as it’s supported from this link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The flashing white light on the NOW Box could mean a number of things which is no internet connection, the box doing a firmware update or no HDMI handshake between the box and your television.

When you factory reset the box did it ask you to select and connect to your Home Network ?

Also if you have another television in the home, try temporarily setting up the box on the second television from the factory reset (especially if it's closer to the Router).

Also if you have mobile phone data, see has a temporary test it the NOW Box will connect over a Wi-Fi hotspot on your mobile phone.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to add try rebooting both the box and your Router to see if that makes any difference if you haven't done it already.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you.

I tried with Ethernet cable but no luck. The hdmi is not giving any signal in the TV. Not sure if there is any hardware fault.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are not getting a HDMI signal on the two different TV's you have tested and also tried a different HDMI cable then the NOW Box may have given up the ghost and is faulty.