cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New tv channels such as cnn news etc

Hello Now tv I am writing to you to tell you that I am certainty impressed with the 4k now tv box, However I personally think for 50 pounds is not worth it as u don’t get all the channels, however to make it worth a buy I would recommend u add some more channels, such as CNN news since u have a sky contract I don’t see why u can’t add more channels because on a normal sky box u get channels such as cnn and other channels, but if u can add cnn news that would be appreciated alot.

2 REPLIES 2
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi ATV

You know, you can get CNN, and other US news channels, on YouTube, that's how I get my daily dose of foreign news. Admittedly, these news clips are on average less than 20 minutes each, but I do find these small chunks to be in digestible portions.  

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Of that £50, over half is the passes you get with it.

If you don’t want the passes (which are a poisoned chalice for the unwary, as they all start running once you install the stick except for the Sports one, and which you must remember to cancel if you don’t want them to run on at £25 a month), then it’s £46 for the Smart box alone. The native Roku offerings range from £30 to £50 and offer a lot more apps besides NowTV and the others apps on the NowTV devices. Not sure that CNN is included though, and especially not free.

The NowTV Stick at £15 is good value, and even better with a bundled pass for a little more.

But the bare NowTV smart box, at £46, looks anomalous alongside the Roku offerings, for value. It should be undercutting the £40 Roku Premiere; not by 50% perhaps, as that Roku only has the simple remote, but pitched nearer £30, I would have thought.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.