Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

New Tech/Equipment I want to get

@Mark_Weinreb   @RoyB  @dr_necessitor  @schnapps @gavs82008 

and any other interested forum members.

Hi Guys

One of the things I've recently noticed, although it seems obvious now, is that from time to time most of us are on the look out for new tech equipment to add to or enhance our respective entertainment systems.

Apart from my Covid-19 equipment binge of the recent past, I'm looking to either buy myself a new set of stereo speakers and or a stereo equalizer, even though I don't honestly need them (I'm getting that brain itch).

So guys, what have you recently bought or what are you looking to get and, if your willing to say, why?

UK Bob

32 REPLIES 32
Amiga1200
Scholar 2

Yeah sub woofers are worth adding to your setup. I had a 5.1 setup for ages without the .1, just using the bass from the my main speakers. I was in a flat so didn't want to bother the neighbours too much. 

I've got my own place now so added a Yamaha Sub and it does make a difference.

I just need a properly 4k compatible amp now as my current one doesn't like the latest copy protection so I have to plug everything in to the TV. Currently setting up a new 4k firestick here and juggling inputs to get the best picture options.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Amiga1200 

Hey Amiga

Funny that, coincidentally my subs also a Yamaha.

Subwoofer03.png

Great minds, eh!

UK Bob

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Amiga1200 you can register a Roku with a dummy email address and bypass the bank card registration page. Just remember the email details for adding new apps to the device and they have no idea who you are.

That said, there are still a few apps/services not available on the device but all the major ones are there