Legend 5

New Superman(ish) show?

Hello community, 🙂

I found this online and am wondering if it is genuine.Woman Wink

If it is, what are your opinions?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/syfy-orders-krypton-pilot-superman-031554523.html

Pity it is for SyFy 😞

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
17 REPLIES 17
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy they did, thanks a million 🙂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6 @caseyb1993 @Andy

Hi Guys

You know what I would like to see explored in the forthcoming Krypton SyFy series, how and why the Phantom Zone was developed and why was it decided to exile Krypton's (and some aliens) most dangerous criminals in that place?

No feature film or TV program has ever portrayed the Phantom Zone the way it's suppose to be, which is place where the inmates have no physical substance so they cannot feel, touch or hurt themselves or each other. There is no passage of time, no colour except shades of grey  and no variety of any sort or anything else that normal beings take for granted.

In most cases, the inmates wonder around aimlessly or form harmless groups plotting revenge on their enemies, but most of them will never get out of the Zone.

The Phantom Zone is truly a terrible place to be incarcerated in until the end of time.

But it is possible to escape, if a dimensional rift occurs, caused by a nuclear event, Zone inmates can escape back into normal space.

So now, there are only two sources of Kryptonians left in the universe, citizens of Kendor and the hardened criminals (and war criminals) of the Phantom Zone.

Historian Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5
@ukbobboy That would a nice idea 🙂
Does the Phantom Zone mean prisoners cannot age and perish?
When you brought up a dimensional rift can cause an escape, is that how Kara in her pod escaped?

Sorry for all the questions, I just like to know 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy

Hi Casey

No need to be sorry, all this helps me to exercise my old grey cells and allows me to bring out into the open the little known or written about parts of Krypton I have picked up on over the years.

Q1) Phantom Zone inmates do not age and do not eat or drink, they simply exist as ghosts. However, once released from the Zone, at the completion of their sentence, they become flesh and blood again.

Q2) According to the comics, Kara's pod took a slightly different but longer dimensional route to Earth, it got knocked off course by Krypton blowing up. Clark's (Kal-El) pod took a more direct dimensional route to Earth.

I would imagine that both pods had some form of "suspended animation" facility, though not specifically mentioned in either the comics or TV shows.  Simply because when Kal-El left Krypton he was a baby, arrived on Earth as a baby and grew into an adult. Kara left Krypton as a young teenager and arrived on Earth still a teenager, the same age she left Krypton, some 25 - 30 years later and is now younger than Kal-El.

Plus, at no time did either Kara's or Kal-El's pod ever travel through the Phantom Zone and, as far as I know, no metal or any other material can get into the Zone, only living tissue and whatever that tissue is touching (that's why Zone inmates are not naked).

Mind you, some clever comic writer might come along and wipe out everything and start again, which I believe DC's "New 52" is suppose to do.

Casey, keep the questions coming.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Casey

I just realised I had not answered part of your second question properly, i.e. ".....a dimensional rift can cause an escape, is that how Kara in her pod escaped?"

You were referring to the Supergirl episode no. 15 when Indigo (the villain) explains how she got out of the Phantom zone.  I dismissed this explanation because it was too much like the Flash opening up breaches between Earth 1 & 2. And besides, Supergirl's version of the Phantom Zone was colourful, had a spaceship full of convicts and somehow fell out of the Zone because of Kara's pod.

I reckon the writers wanted to use "the ship" which they did in a later episode as a plot point. As I said before, "No feature film or TV program has ever portrayed the Phantom Zone the way it's suppose to be", and they still haven't.

You know, I would have thought portrayal of the Phantom Zone would, in special effects terms, be quite cheap. You would not need any structures or machinery just a wasteland background with everyone and everything else coloured in various shades of grey.  Now that's the Phantom Zone.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Now that does sound like a place that would torture your mind. I always thought it would have been like how a black hole looks. Once something falls in, nothing comes out....

Thanks again 🙂

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Hi Casey

You are right when you said, "Now that does sound like a place that would torture your mind", you know, I was thinking the exact same thing, Zone inmates are likely to be totally unhinged at the end of their sentence.

But remember, Kryptonians were a very warlike people, with the exception of the Kendorians, were very short on (what we call) a social conscience and considered using the Zone as a jail as being "Kind".

No wonder their planet blew up.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Hi Casey

Remember I said Kryptonians were a very warlike people and remember in Supergirl, episode 16, got poisoned by red kryptonite, which brought out her true kryptonian nature. It was that same nature, i.e. thought process, which prevented her from being brainwashed, just like Superman was, in episode 19.

Funny how it all just clicked together.

UK Bob