Legend 5

New Superman(ish) show?

Hello community, 🙂

I found this online and am wondering if it is genuine.Woman Wink

If it is, what are your opinions?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/syfy-orders-krypton-pilot-superman-031554523.html

Pity it is for SyFy 😞

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
17 REPLIES 17
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993  interesting find, thanks for that Casey. Not sure if I'd be bothered about what Superman's granddad got up to, and I've got enough on my plate trying to keep up with the shows I'm already watching (and failing by about a fortnight so far!) but depending on when it pops up (and where) I might give it a go. If it pops up on Netflix as a boxset during a quiet period it might be worth a shot! 😉

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

It's been so quiet on here without your Joffrey memes @Andy ! Nice to see you again 😉

Halfway through season 3 of GoT now and don't know whether I feel sorry for Theon or not as I have finished episode 4. Smiley Frustrated

Back to the original topic, I actually found it when reading up on Superman. It's very early days to say whether it will bomb or not but it is interesting to see how it'll work. 

Also welcome to my world of catchup! The Flash cut off on me on Tuesday so I'm trying to cram that episode in. I also have 2 episodes of Gotham to view but i'm winning. 😉

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Don't worry, still around, but now we are getting the sunny weather the forum slips down the to-do list! 😉

Yeah, sounds like it could be a bit more meaty than the fluffy Supergirl ... But then again, it's good to have a few fluffy shows mixed in so that I don't have to pay too much attention to enjoy! I don't like having too many shows where I have to pay attention on the go at the same time, hurts my brain! 😄

Oh I loved season 3 ... Especially .......

Spoiler
Aaarrrgghhh can't tell you ... But I want to .... But I can't .... But I want to ... You'll know it when you get to it ..............

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

PS on our favourite subject of horror films, have you seen The Hallow? Just watched it ... It's completely bonkers but I really enjoyed it .... 

image.png

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I haven't yet but I do want to 😉

I recently saw The Visit, now that was bonkers 😄

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Bonkers good or bonkers bad? 

Looking forward to Conjuring 2 at cinema next month (Enfield Haunting, hopefully with a better ending than The Enfield Haunting had), and The Witch coming out on bluray as I missed that at the cinema. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy

Hi Casey & Andy

I would like to see a series about Krypton but I doubt if SyFy could do it justice, let me explain:

A few (a lot actually) years back I read a comic book about how Doomsday came into existence, which was all tied up in how Kryptonians were always at war with each other. In fact they developed advanced weaponry before developing a social conscience. And Doomsday was borne out of the need for constant, never ending war and developed by a non-Kryptonian (alien) scientist commissioned by an unspecified warring faction.

However, before Doomsday could be deployed he escaped and destroyed everything and everybody in the laboratory where he was created then went on to kill every living thing that was on the planet he was on.

Lucky for Kryptonians, Doomsday was developed off world and on a planet (or moon) devoid of intelligent of life.

But soon after these events, due to constant wars and the exploitation of minerals and materials needed to feed these wars, Krypton became unstable and blew up.

OK, you may wonder why didn't such an advanced civilisation evacuate the planet.  

Well forum members there is a little known fact which comic writers have not fully explored.

All Kryptonians have a genetic defect which prevents them from leaving the planet, or planetary system, for lengthy periods of time because if they do they will die.

I do remember reading a Superman comic were a Kryptonian couple were intent on destroying Superman and taking over the Earth but at the height of their rampage they both suddenly died.  Plus, I guess, this is the main reason we don't have a DC universe dominated by super Kryptonians.

As for Superman and Supergirl, remember the House of El are mainly scientist and Jor-El, Superman's Dad, developed a cure for the genetic defect.

Again, I wonder how SyFy is going convey (but more than likely ignore) the rich history of Krypton.

OK, that's all for now.

Historian Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Bonkers both I'd say. You would have to see it to see the lunacy as my household put it 😉 

I did enjoy it though 🙂

@ukbobboy Thanks for that, I'm slowly learning the story 😉

I don't suppose you can answer me this? Its driving me insane:

In Man of Steel, when Lois falls from Zod's ship (I think), everything and everyone is rising up towards the sky and yet Lois falls down. It is probably obvious but I am stumped. 

Speaking of Jor-El, one thing I found funny was how Jor-El knew Clark's/Kal's exact measurements for the suit. 😄

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Casey

OK, I'm going to try and come across as reasonable and logical, you asked "In Man of Steel, when Lois falls from Zod's ship (I think), everything and everyone is rising up towards the sky and yet Lois falls down".

This is one of those illogical continuity mistakes which the film makers hope the audience will not spot, plus it's a plot point put there to add tension, show that Superman loves Lois above anything or anyone else, even in the middle of a world crises (this theme was repeated a couple of times in Batman v Superman) .

You also asked: "Speaking of Jor-El, one thing I found funny was how Jor-El knew Clark's/Kal's exact measurements for the suit".

Remember, Jor-El is is long dead and is represented by a hologram controlled by an extremely advanced computer programmed with his memories, personality and feelings, i.e. love for his son.

I hope my answers come across as logical and reasonable.

UK Bob