Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

New Forum Layout

@Anonymous User & Other Forum Members

Dear All

I don't know whether it is just me of this new forum design but I am having a hard time navigating around it.

Maybe I'll get used to it and possibly I'm too old to learn new tricks but it seems a bit more difficult to get around now.

UK Bob

23 REPLIES 23
Lindzi
Elite 2
@ukbobboy

Good spot, I hadn't noticed! Also I use my phone to post but on the old forum I could chose either mobile or full desktop version and this one I can't find how to get to the full version on my phone.

Mobile version doesn't give you the users @ names on a drop down list - Very annoying if you want to tag in multiple members and having to manually enter each individual name.

If anyone knows what I'm missing please let me know 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

@Anonymous User version doesn't give you the users @ names on a drop down list - Very annoying if you want to tag in multiple members and having to manually enter each individual name.

If anyone knows what I'm missing please let me know 🙂

Hi @Lindzi

I noticed this when the new forum layout went live on Friday and sent @Simon-J a message about the tagging feature wasn't working on my mobile phone.

Just checked again this afternoon and tagging people inside a thread and predictive tagging now seems to be working (well seems to be fixed for my Sony Android phone) Smiley Happy

Hi @ukbobboy

Yeah good spot it does seem to be a mish mash of different ways of showing the date stamp on the forum, where the main heading section and sub sections shows the UK date format where like you pointed out the individual threads are showing the US date format.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@schnapps

thank you for letting me know, it now works for me too Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy wrote:

@Anonymous User @Lindzi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @lenturn @Anonymous User

Hi Guys

As anyone noticed that the "Category Activity" page of this "new and improved" forum is displaying dates in the American format, i.e. mm/dd/yyyy, rather that the proper British way, dd/mm/yyyy.

Category Activity Page.jpg

Category Activity Page 02.jpg

Another thing to dislike about this new format.

UK Bob 

Yip. Noticed it the other day when I was checking for the newest posts in a category. My BT Yahoo mail is also like that and it confuses the heck out of me sometimes.