cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Forum Layout

I can abandon them just as easily as they are abandoning us. Along with NowTV I also have BT TV and Netflix, with the occasional dip into Amazon Prime. Plenty of choice out there as alternatives to NowTV/Sky.

Lindzi
Elite

@robert1997

I have already cancelled my cinema pass and normally use the Entertainment pass for Sky Atlantic programmes, as I already have full Virgin TV bundle.

I lived without Sky Atlantic for years so maybe that will go in mid June, when the pass is up, and then only subscribe when new GoT is back.

It's a shame really as Now TV has good content, but actually using the service.... full of bugs and every update they implement causes more problems... it is now wearing very thin Smiley Sad

Lindzi
Elite

@Simon-J

So what's new?

Along with a change of name (we're no longer the "Help Forum") you'll find new boards, improved search, profiles  and a whole new area for your ideas.

Hi Simon

Does your post mean that Now TV reps will no longer be helping customers with the service? Also why is there no longer a 'latest posts' section? If there is one can you point me to where it is. This forum is now very hard to navigate and know what people are currently talking about.

Many thanks

Highlighted
Gary14
Scholar

Totally agree. Dreadful new layout, no idea where to look for the things I want. Definite downgrade from the previous system.

ukbobboy
Champion 2

@Gary14 @Lindzi @robert1997 @Wlat @lenturn @NOWTV-Team

Hi Guys

As anyone noticed that the "Category Activity" page of this "new and improved" forum is displaying dates in the American format, i.e. mm/dd/yyyy, rather that the proper British way, dd/mm/yyyy.

Category Activity Page.jpg

Category Activity Page 02.jpg

Another thing to dislike about this new format.

UK Bob 

Lindzi
Elite

@ukbobboy

Good spot, I hadn't noticed! Also I use my phone to post but on the old forum I could chose either mobile or full desktop version and this one I can't find how to get to the full version on my phone.

Mobile version doesn't give you the users @ names on a drop down list - Very annoying if you want to tag in multiple members and having to manually enter each individual name.

If anyone knows what I'm missing please let me know 🙂
0 Thanks

@ukbobboy wrote:

@Gary14 @Lindzi @robert1997 @Wlat @lenturn @NOWTV-Team

Hi Guys

As anyone noticed that the "Category Activity" page of this "new and improved" forum is displaying dates in the American format, i.e. mm/dd/yyyy, rather that the proper British way, dd/mm/yyyy.

Category Activity Page.jpg

Category Activity Page 02.jpg

Another thing to dislike about this new format.

UK Bob 

Yip. Noticed it the other day when I was checking for the newest posts in a category. My BT Yahoo mail is also like that and it confuses the heck out of me sometimes.

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

@mobile version doesn't give you the users @ names on a drop down list - Very annoying if you want to tag in multiple members and having to manually enter each individual name.

If anyone knows what I'm missing please let me know 🙂

Hi @Lindzi

I noticed this when the new forum layout went live on Friday and sent @Simon-J a message about the tagging feature wasn't working on my mobile phone.

Just checked again this afternoon and tagging people inside a thread and predictive tagging now seems to be working (well seems to be fixed for my Sony Android phone) Smiley Happy

Hi @ukbobboy

Yeah good spot it does seem to be a mish mash of different ways of showing the date stamp on the forum, where the main heading section and sub sections shows the UK date format where like you pointed out the individual threads are showing the US date format.

Lindzi
Elite

@schnapps

thank you for letting me know, it now works for me too Smiley Happy

dr_necessitor
Expert 3

Sorry guys but I've decided that I'm going to have to abandon my use of this forum/community - I just don't get on with this new layout! 

So, it's good bye from me...

0 Thanks