cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

New Forum Layout

@NOWTV-Team & Other Forum Members

 

Dear All

I don't know whether it is just me of this new forum design but I am having a hard time navigating around it.

Maybe I'll get used to it and possibly I'm too old to learn new tricks but it seems a bit more difficult to get around now.

 

UK Bob

23 Replies
Thom77
Elite 2

@ukbobboy

Personally I quite regularly use the Now TV forum and the BT forum..... I really like (sorry, liked) the Now TV forum for its ease of use and quickly getting about topics and for the opposite of those reasons I wasn't a huge fan of the BT forum........ lo and behold, the Now TV forum has gone and made itself look like the BT version.  What joy!!!!!!

Like you, I can only hope I get more used to it in due course.

(just spotted at bottom corner of Now TV forum powered by lithium..... also says that at bottom of BT forum..... maybe that's why the similarity??)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

defiantly a downgrade in my eyes although I've only seen mobile view so far and its shockingly bad

Same here. Sorry NOW TV but I don't like it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable


@ukbobboy wrote:

@NOWTV-Team & Other Forum Members

 

Dear All

I don't know whether it is just me of this new forum design but I am having a hard time navigating around it.

Maybe I'll get used to it and possibly I'm too old to learn new tricks but it seems a bit more difficult to get around now.

 

UK Bob


It’s awful, very poor layout and seems designed to hinder use of the forum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can only agree with all the previous comments. This new layout coupled with an absence of support for some major bugs recently with the NowTV service has left me wondering if we are slowly being abandoned by NowTV in their apparent efforts to impede us in getting any assistance for known issues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lithium forums are a mess. They should've went with Vanilla who provide the Youview Community forum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can only agree with all the previous comments.  I liked the Forum the way it used to be, and I find the revised version a definite downgrade.

 

Please put it back the way it was!

 

Wlat

 

Lindzi
Elite


@Anonymous User wrote:

Can only agree with all the previous comments. This new layout coupled with an absence of support for some major bugs recently with the NowTV service has left me wondering if we are slowly being abandoned by NowTV in their apparent efforts to impede us in getting any assistance for known issues.



Agree 100%
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can abandon them just as easily as they are abandoning us. Along with NowTV I also have BT TV and Netflix, with the occasional dip into Amazon Prime. Plenty of choice out there as alternatives to NowTV/Sky.

Lindzi
Elite

@Anonymous User

I have already cancelled my cinema pass and normally use the Entertainment pass for Sky Atlantic programmes, as I already have full Virgin TV bundle.

I lived without Sky Atlantic for years so maybe that will go in mid June, when the pass is up, and then only subscribe when new GoT is back.

It's a shame really as Now TV has good content, but actually using the service.... full of bugs and every update they implement causes more problems... it is now wearing very thin Smiley Sad

Lindzi
Elite

@Simon-J

So what's new?

Along with a change of name (we're no longer the "Help Forum") you'll find new boards, improved search, profiles  and a whole new area for your ideas.

Hi Simon

Does your post mean that Now TV reps will no longer be helping customers with the service? Also why is there no longer a 'latest posts' section? If there is one can you point me to where it is. This forum is now very hard to navigate and know what people are currently talking about.

Many thanks

Sorry guys but I've decided that I'm going to have to abandon my use of this forum/community - I just don't get on with this new layout! 

So, it's good bye from me...

ukbobboy
Legend

@dr_necessitor @schnapps @Anonymous User @Gary14 @NOWTV-Team

Hi Guys

Another problem I have just found with this forum is the inability to save and have emailed to you is your help text chat.

Let me explain, I had a successful text chat this morning, with Now TV's help chat personnel, and found that there were no longer any options to save the help text, which I usually keep for my own records. And even though the system reminded me to save my text there was no actual way to do that.

As a side note, I have also noticed in some past debates I have had with other forum members that some non-contentious postings, both mine and theirs, have gone missing.

 

UK Bob

 

 

Anonymous User
Not applicable


@ukbobboy wrote:

@dr_necessitor @schnapps @Anonymous User @Gary14 @NOWTV-Team

Hi Guys

Another problem I have just found with this forum is the inability to save and have emailed to you is your help text chat.

Let me explain, I had a successful text chat this morning, with Now TV's help chat personnel, and found that there were no longer any options to save the help text, which I usually keep for my own records. And even though the system reminded me to save my text there was no actual way to do that.

As a side note, I have also noticed in some past debates I have had with other forum members that some non-contentious postings, both mine and theirs, have gone missing.

 

UK Bob

 

Yes I'd been thinking there were posts missing. 

So since the new forum we've lost support for NowTV related issues, the mods have almost totally disengaged from us, and now someone is taking censorship to a whole new level.

 To think I once recommended NowTV as a decent service with good support Smiley Mad


 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Yes Robert, 

It was one of your posting, in the Old Hi-Fi System thread, that I noticed one of your replies to me vanished, without your reply the thread makes no sense, it looks like I'm talking to myself.

And what's worse, that part of the thread was not transferred from the old forum but was an actual new addition, i.e. the "Oops, I've done it again" part.

Those NowTV guys gotta get a grip.

 

UK Bob

 

 

 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I completely AGREE, the new layout is truly awful, we're watching less and less movies now as we just can't navigate the layout easily.  Now TV Please change it back!  

lenturn
Scholar 2

The new layout is bloody awful.

I used to be able to click a link to get to the forums and then scroll up/down to choose the section I wanted, which were all clearly labelled and easy to use.

Now we have this montrosity, whereby you have to click through different pages a number of times to get to a section you want to be.

Well done for messing up a completely usuable forum and replacing it with this utter crap. Smiley Mad

Gary14
Scholar

Totally agree. Dreadful new layout, no idea where to look for the things I want. Definite downgrade from the previous system.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Gary14 @Lindzi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @lenturn @NOWTV-Team

Hi Guys

As anyone noticed that the "Category Activity" page of this "new and improved" forum is displaying dates in the American format, i.e. mm/dd/yyyy, rather that the proper British way, dd/mm/yyyy.

Category Activity Page.jpg

 Category Activity Page 02.jpg

Another thing to dislike about this new format.

 

UK Bob 

 

 

 

 

 

Lindzi
Elite

@ukbobboy

Good spot, I hadn't noticed! Also I use my phone to post but on the old forum I could chose either mobile or full desktop version and this one I can't find how to get to the full version on my phone.

Mobile version doesn't give you the users @ names on a drop down list - Very annoying if you want to tag in multiple members and having to manually enter each individual name.

If anyone knows what I'm missing please let me know 🙂