Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix to arrive on Now TV boxes ?

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/03/netflix-to-arrive-on-sky-q-and-now-tv.html

Article say "later this year"

Any idea of when thi swill be happening ?

9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Pretty sure nobody's heard anything yet. I'd guess it won't appear on NOW TV devices before Sky have integrated it into Sky Q.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not sure that Sky / NowTV have officially confirmed yet when the Netflix App will be appearing sometime this year.

I have looked through the NowTV help centre articles and the only thing I could find about Netflix was this.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-apps-are-available-on-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

None of the press releases or articles I've read gave a definite start date. Sometimes it's better not to release estimated dates as anything can happen in the background to delay such arrivals. It will be a welcome addition indeed (although I have it on my tv anyway).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great! I will be looking forward to have NETFLIX on NOW TV, but I do not know when, I have got an account with NETFLIX and it would be great for this to be on NOW TV!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My personal thoughts are that this has been temporarily killed/suspended until the Sky takeover deal has been decided.  It's unlikely we'll see anything happen with any new content providers coming to NowTV boxes until Sky finds out who their new owners are.  On that note, should be crazy interesting if Disney ends up winning the battle!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

The press release did say later this year so it can be any time in the next 5 months really. I cant see whatever timetable Sky and Netflix have already settled on changing regardless of what else is happening.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As a Netflix user via my smart tv and kindle I would rather have Amazons Prime video on Nowtv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

As a Netflix user via my smart tv and kindle I would rather have Amazons Prime video on Nowtv.

If you really want apps for Amazon's "Prime Video" and Sky's "NOW TV" on one device, you should consider upgrading to a genuine Roku product. There's one for less than thirty quid, which is called a 'Roku Express' and it has both of those, plus "Netflix", and loads more besides! Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s available now. I can watch Netflix on my bedroom tv with a Now tv box.  Previously I could only watch downstairs on an Amazon Firestick or on my phone. THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS!