cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix on the NOW TV Stick?

Can anyone tell me if its possible to add Netflix to the NOW TV box as its not avaliable to download in the APP Store. Many thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Just an update to let you know that Netflix is now available for you to download through a select number of NOW TV devices. 

For more info check out our post about Netflix here.

Thanks,

Karl

View solution in original post

120 REPLIES 120
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. So just to confirm, no there is no Netflix app available on the NOW TV Box (only those apps in the App Store on the box are available), which is why most of these posts are talking about other devices instead.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User where did you get the impression you could watch Netflix on Now box? I'd love it if we could. By chance do you have a Chromecast? As you can use that for all three services.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just realised that Roku and now tv aren't the same thing. i thought they were. oh well i've just wasted £15

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserUnfortunately it's an easy mistake to make as NowTV boxes are made by Roku but have different software.

I started with RokuLT and then switched to Roku HDMI Stick which can be purchased quite cheaply.

The NowTV black box is still excellent value for money and is an excellent device for demand services.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got to admit, i'm very impressed with this device now i've started using it. It is indeed excellent value for money. It is also much, much better performance-wise compared to Fire TV stick. Never get any freezes, which happened frequently with Fire TV.

I'm hoping the Roku box will be the same, as I'm probably going to purchase one of them so I can use netflix and Amazon prime.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserThe NowTV box is based on Roku 3 which is a powerful box, hence good performance.

My HDMI Stick is slower and a lot cheaper but I can live with it. There's a more powerful version in USA but unfortunately Roku haven't released it in UK.

One sees US imports for sale but......

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cool thx. will be getting a Roku 3 for defo. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've just realised that Roku and now tv aren't the same thing. i thought they were. oh well i've just wasted £15

Where did you purchase it from? If it was from Argos it should have come with either an 'Entertainment' or 'Cinema' bundle: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 3 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £14.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 2 month 'Cinema' pass @ £14.99

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Andy!!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Funny you should ask about Netflix just now!

For you and anybody else waiting for Netflix on NOW TV, Sky have announced a new partnership that will be bringing the Netflix app to NOW TV boxes and stick sometime later this year!

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Netflix-coming-to-NowTV/m-p/458638#M11472

If you think it's great news please pop along and thank @Anonymous User who spotted it today!