Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Netflix on the NOW TV Box

@danlowes wrote:

I've just realised that Roku and now tv aren't the same thing. i thought they were. oh well i've just wasted £15

Where did you purchase it from? If it was from Argos it should have come with either an 'Entertainment' or 'Cinema' bundle: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 3 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £14.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 2 month 'Cinema' pass @ £14.99

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I've got to admit, i'm very impressed with this device now i've started using it. It is indeed excellent value for money. It is also much, much better performance-wise compared to Fire TV stick. Never get any freezes, which happened frequently with Fire TV.

I'm hoping the Roku box will be the same, as I'm probably going to purchase one of them so I can use netflix and Amazon prime.

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@danlowesThe NowTV box is based on Roku 3 which is a powerful box, hence good performance.

My HDMI Stick is slower and a lot cheaper but I can live with it. There's a more powerful version in USA but unfortunately Roku haven't released it in UK.

One sees US imports for sale but......

Please click on Thanks if I've helped. I'm a Community Contributor not staff.
Highlighted
Mentor

Cool thx. will be getting a Roku 3 for defo. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Netflix or amazon prime or not listed as apps that that i can get and no search option wtf

Same here,i just watch it on the computer....Smiley Very Happy

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

The question about netflixon the NOWTV box does not appear to have been solved. Instead somebody has posted that you can get Netflix with a different box. Or if I've misunderstod, could anybody explain? I'm brand new to NOW TV and have just set up my box and account tonight. Alongside all the other stuff on offer, I had hoped to access my Netflix account via the box to stream films on the TV.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MMT

I am guessing the forum member who mentioned Netflix on another type of streaming box could be thinking of the Roku players.

More information here about Roku products and Apps available on their devices.

https://www.roku.com/en-gb/whats-on

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MMT

Welcome to the forum. So just to confirm, no there is no Netflix app available on the NOW TV Box (only those apps in the App Store on the box are available), which is why most of these posts are talking about other devices instead.

Highlighted
Advocate

Thank you Andy!!
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jawed-098 Welcome to the forum. Funny you should ask about Netflix just now!

For you and anybody else waiting for Netflix on NOW TV, Sky have announced a new partnership that will be bringing the Netflix app to NOW TV boxes and stick sometime later this year!

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Netflix-coming-to-NowTV/m-p/458638#M11472

If you think it's great news please pop along and thank @robert1997 who spotted it today!