cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix on the NOW TV Stick?

Can anyone tell me if its possible to add Netflix to the NOW TV box as its not avaliable to download in the APP Store. Many thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Just an update to let you know that Netflix is now available for you to download through a select number of NOW TV devices. 

For more info check out our post about Netflix here.

Thanks,

Karl

View solution in original post

120 REPLIES 120
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Because black box is basically subsidised Roku3 neither Amazon Prime or Netflix are, and are unlikely to be, available.

As it is not possible to speak to anyone from NowTV ( online service only) did you speak to someone in a shop?

The best device to get all services ( Netflix, Amazon & NowTV) is, imho, a Roku.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Toni

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there who are being told, like yourself, that the Now TV black box is just the same as a Roku 3 one but a lot cheaper, this is an out and out lie or the person giving the advice has no idea what they are talking about.

Both Roku and Now TV black boxes look very similar (as shown below) but the facilities on the Roku are far more extensive, and so can command a price of approx £80, while the Now TV box facilities are minimal and is primarily designed to deliver Now TV/Sky content, and so cost only £15.  

Plus, the Now TV box has no direct ability to for non-approved apps/channels to be added to it, while you can any app/channel you like, including Netflix, from the Roku apps store to the Roku box. I also believe that you can add apps from non-Roku sources to the Roku box as well but you have to be fairly knowledgeable to perform this operation.

Anyway, here is an Amazon URL showing the Now TV box and Roku 2 & 3 boxes:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Roku+3

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Roku 3 Box

Now TV Black Box

ukbobboy
Legend

Dear Knowledgeable Forum People

Can anybody explain what has happened to my "Roku 3 box" picture in my post above, seems as if it just self-deleted.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy you used the image directly from Roku's servers (instead of saving and then uploading a copy). Since then Roku have removed the image at their end.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@ukbobboy you used the image directly from Roku's servers (instead of saving and then uploading a copy). Since then Roku have removed the image at their end.

Indeed...

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital

Cheers Guys

I know better next time.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI there I would like to know how I can add Netflix to my black now tv box please 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately Netflix isn't available for the NOW TV box, only on the full-spec Roku boxes (of which the NOW TV box is a cut-price version of).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i read that you can add up to 50 apps to now tv box how do i do this ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

With difficulty, unless they have that many in the app store!Smiley Surprised