cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix on the NOW TV Stick?

Can anyone tell me if its possible to add Netflix to the NOW TV box as its not avaliable to download in the APP Store. Many thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Just an update to let you know that Netflix is now available for you to download through a select number of NOW TV devices. 

For more info check out our post about Netflix here.

Thanks,

Karl

View solution in original post

120 REPLIES 120
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a White Now TV box last July and didn't bother to connect it as I bought a new Smart TV just after.  I don't have Sky anymore and watched golf on Sky Go up to last year through my laptop connected via HDMI to my TV.  I bought the Now TV box with the intention of buying weekly sports passes to watch my favourite tournaments.  It is only now with the Masters looming that I am  setting it up to a non smart TV to make sure I can get it up and running.  I presume that I can move the box to my main TV after I get it all working as it's the same Router.  I bought a weekly sports pass but don't want to activate it until the week of the Masters. 

Do I have to have an entertainment pass to watch stuff other than Films or Sport or is there a way of viewing free content? 

Will I be able to access Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime etc or is this just for Now TV by Sky?

Is there any difference between the white and black box, apart from wired router on  the Black box?

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

1) The three passes are for entertainment, movies and sports so you can only view entertainment for entertainment, movies for movies and sports for sports.

2) Netflix and A.P aren't on this box but YouTube and a lot of free apps like iPlayer, ITVHub, All4, MY5  and more are on it.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

1) The three passes are for entertainment, movies and sports so you can only view entertainment for entertainment, movies for movies and sports for sports.

2) Netflix and A.P aren't on this box but YouTube and a lot of free apps like iPlayer, ITVHub, All4, MY5  and more are on it.

I knew about the 3 differnet type of passes but I saw or read where you could watch a channel like Fox on a Now TV box without paying. I also read that Netflix was on Now TV.  Perhaps they were referring to older versions.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User As far as I know it's never had Netflix since it's a 'rival' company. Do you know where you read that?

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Anonymous User As far as I know it's never had Netflix since it's a 'rival' company. Do you know where you read that?

Either on a review or summary of catch up services and/or on You Tube.  I looked up both before buying the box but the Now TV Sports pass was the primary reason for buying it.  Everything else was icing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I bought a White Now TV box last July and didn't bother to connect it as I bought a new Smart TV just after.  I don't have Sky anymore and watched golf on Sky Go up to last year through my laptop connected via HDMI to my TV.  I bought the Now TV box with the intention of buying weekly sports passes to watch my favourite tournaments.  It is only now with the Masters looming that I am  setting it up to a non smart TV to make sure I can get it up and running.  I presume that I can move the box to my main TV after I get it all working as it's the same Router.  I bought a weekly sports pass but don't want to activate it until the week of the Masters. 

Do I have to have an entertainment pass to watch stuff other than Films or Sport or is there a way of viewing free content? 

Will I be able to access Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime etc or is this just for Now TV by Sky?

Is there any difference between the white and black box, apart from wired router on  the Black box?

You can still access youtube and the catch-up services (bbc iplayer etc.) without paying for now tv but you still need a now tv account to set the box up. when did you buy the sports pass?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

You can still access youtube and the catch-up services (bbc iplayer etc.) without paying for now tv but you still need a now tv account to set the box up. when did you buy the sports pass?

I bought the sports pass last July when I bought the box.

So all the stuff I read or saw on YouTube about viewing free stuff & apps like Netflix is a load of tosh?

Do you know about the differences between white and black box?

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User the black box is pretty much an updated box. It has the same stuff but it seems faster and more smooth controls etc...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

I bought the sports pass last July when I bought the box.

So all the stuff I read or saw on YouTube about viewing free stuff & apps like Netflix is a load of tosh?

Do you know about the differences between white and black box?

I was asking that because the passes expire a year after purchase. You can watch Youtube, BBC Iplayer, Demand 5 etc but not any services like now tv such as Netflix,Amazon Prime etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks

I  have finished setting up the box and apart from it being very sluggish it is fine.  I am now watching The Night Manager on BBC iPlayer  and it's working great.  When I activate the sports pass I shall not be switching to anything else but the golf on this little white box.  I was almost ecstatic when I saw Sky sports news as one of the apps but when I clicked it was only available with subscription. 

There is no off switch on the box so I presume I have to switch it off at the plug. Any reported fires yet?

As Now TV can be viewed on up to four devices, how do I get it on the laptop.  I set up my account and payment method on that but when I select "Watch Now TV" whither signed in or out, I can't see the same content as on my TV connected to the white box.  I only get the pay content options.