cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix coming to NowTV

NOTE TO MODS: unsure of correct forum sub-section to include this so please feel free to move if necessary Smiley Happy

Scroll down this press release a little to read more https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/media-centre/articles/en-gb/sky-and-netflix-agree-new-european-pa...

The relevant bits for us NowTV users "In the UK and Ireland, Sky will launch Netflix as a standalone app on NOW TV’s family of streaming devices including on the recently launched NOW TV Smart Stick."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User As per your note I've moved this into the Off-Topic area as its not directly related to the Entertainment Pass, hope that's ok for you. However this is great news, must admit I never thought I'd see the day coming (and we probably wouldn't were it not for the power of Sky Q so we should thank big-Sky!)

For a lot of people I would imagine this would now mean a NOW TV box/stick ticks all the boxes. Just need to wait and see what part of this year it turns up!

Grreat spot, give yourself a medal!

image.jpeg

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Ooooooh, now I feel foolish haha! 

WHere is the comment delete button lol

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

It's about time.  Netflix being on Now TV devices will benefit Now TV as it makes the sticks/boxes etc more appealing.  Pay-lite streaming services are complementary, not direct competition. 

We just need an Amazon app for the full suite.  (The current Roku app is terrible, but the app on my Samsung smart TV is good).

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Andy Trust you to know that. 😄

would it surprise you that I also know about the genre codes the Netflix as well @caseyb1993

I found out about the genre codes by watching a YouTube video. Just one of many questionable things in terms of usefulness that I've learnt by watching YouTube Smiley LOL

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
chai
Scholar 3

It's great that Sky are starting to open up their walled garden service (even partially), and NOW TV getting the UKTV Play and Netflix (eventually) apps will make the boxes a better hub for TV entertainment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, does anyone know if Netflix is free with Nowtv or part of a Package. Or literally just accessible through nowtv and payment is made directly to Netflix.

Thanks 😊

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Netflix is not free through NowTV and you still need to pay Netflix for the previlage to watch any thing on the Netflix App on the NowTV box or stick. 

More info here. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watch-netflix-now-tv-box-smart-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi ya, I thought that would be the case.

Many Thanks ,😊

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

The Now TV boxes/sticks almost perfect with this addition, just need Amazon to sign a deal with Sky then they are must buys.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When do we get the Netflix app?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous Userwrote:
When do we get the Netflix app?

All we know is it will be sometime this year https://media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/sky-and-netflix-agree-new-european-partnership