cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix coming to NowTV

NOTE TO MODS: unsure of correct forum sub-section to include this so please feel free to move if necessary Smiley Happy

Scroll down this press release a little to read more https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/media-centre/articles/en-gb/sky-and-netflix-agree-new-european-pa...

The relevant bits for us NowTV users "In the UK and Ireland, Sky will launch Netflix as a standalone app on NOW TV’s family of streaming devices including on the recently launched NOW TV Smart Stick."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User As per your note I've moved this into the Off-Topic area as its not directly related to the Entertainment Pass, hope that's ok for you. However this is great news, must admit I never thought I'd see the day coming (and we probably wouldn't were it not for the power of Sky Q so we should thank big-Sky!)

For a lot of people I would imagine this would now mean a NOW TV box/stick ticks all the boxes. Just need to wait and see what part of this year it turns up!

Grreat spot, give yourself a medal!

image.jpeg

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Andy

I subbed to Amazon for one month and cancelled within the first fortnight.

@Anonymous User Half of their horror content is amateur shorts already available for free on YouTube! For anyone interested in a horror streaming service I'd recommend having a look at Shudder.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous Userwrote:

@Andy

I subbed to Amazon for one month and cancelled within the first fortnight.

@Andy @Anonymous User I've only got a prime video subscription to finish Two and a half men. 

They don't have much worth keeping it for. 😞

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Keep thinking I'll resub to watch Exorcist S1 but there's never anything else I want to watch so I don't bother, I'm definitely not in Amazon's target demographic!

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@caseyb1993 Keep thinking I'll resub to watch Exorcist S1 but there's never anything else I want to watch so I don't bother, I'm definitely not in Amazon's target demographic!

@Andy . The problem with Amazon is their user interface. In my personal opinion, it's that bad that they need to throw it in the bin and start again. The interface is just too overly cluttered for the layout they use as they were adding more and more content they should have been playing close attention to the interface at the same time, which is clearly something they have  not done.

To be honest I think they could learn something from NowTV and to a lesser extent, Netflix what Netflix has done over the past 12 to 18 months has meant that the interface has improved significantly.

The only time I use prime video is when I know they have something really, really good (and I mean really good) that puts me in a good enough mood to suffer finding it on the interface

An example of something very good would be something called "into the Badlands"

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 I think the prime video app for Kindle Fire/Fire TV isn't too bad but the Roku app is appalling. 

In fact last night, trying to watch the movie "In Time" on the Roku app was a joke. It kept pausing and loading, shocking picture quality, crashing saying "internet connection dropped" which was not the case. Smiley Mad

NOWTV and YouTube apps were perfect so I know everything else was fine. 

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 @caseyb1993 What I love about Netflix is the way they've catalogued and tagged their content to the n-th degree so they have literally thousands of weird and wonderful genres to explore. 

Fancy some mind-bending horror films from the 1970s? Netflix has it right here

http://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/2675

Or what about some campy B-movie horrors from the 80s? Yep they have them too

http://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/1341

Something for every mood! 😄

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Trust you to know that. 😄

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 There's a full list here if you're interested

http://ogres-crypt.com/public/NetFlix-Streaming-Genres2.html

Do you think we should suggest Karl does something similar for NOW TV? Should keep him out of trouble! 😄

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Again, trust you to know that. 😄

Is this for UK Netflix? Last time I checked it didn't have 6000 anime series. Haha

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 that's the code number Netflix use for the genre, not the number of titles! If there really was 1646 campy serial killer and slasher horror films on Netflix would I be talking to you now? 😝